Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
any idea how to fix this on n900 while using harmattan qt components?
Did you set the top-level window (QDeclaratvieView/QmlApplicationViewer) to auto-rotate? I think you should normally leave it locked to landscape, as Qt Components handles the rotation. That's if you are using showFullScreen() on the top-level window. If you are using show(), you might be able to fix it by setting the orientationLock property of the Page component to PageOrientation.LockLandscape. This should allow the top-level window to handle the rotation.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Thanks, that did it!

I've uploaded a Maemo version, the performance of the qml is not that good but it works, I'll try to check what can I do.

Also updated the MeeGo version with a quickhacked landscape version and removed title bar buttons.

To go to the current mix just press the title bar.

To support my work please consider [donating!]

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hi munozferna!
thanks for the app! maybe you should make "fullscreen mode" default for the N900? qwazix had similar problems in terms of performance with alopex when it's not in fullscreen. i dunno why but that's his observation. (he's also using hildon qt components for that app, could that be related?)

Please disregard if I'm talking nonsense, I'm not a dev. Just interested in your's and qwazix's apps. Thanks!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...71&postcount=1

And by the way, I think they already fixed the autobuilder so you can send it directly to extras-devel. That's where I was looking for the maemo version but didn't find it so I checked the first post in this thread but got an "Internal Server Error". Where else can get the deb? Thanks!

EDIT: got it downloaded, had to manually browse the site to get the deb.
here's the proper link: http://apps.beford.net/ocho/n900/och..._0_2_armel.deb

thanks again. I'll begin testing now.

Last edited by vetsin; 2013-03-20 at 14:36.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
hi munozferna!
thanks for the app! maybe you should make "fullscreen mode" default for the N900? qwazix had similar problems in terms of performance with alopex when it's not in fullscreen. i dunno why but that's his observation. (he's also using hildon qt components for that app, could that be related?)
Qt Components Hildon is not the same as the components used here. Qt Components Hildon is for creating Hildon style UI using QML. There are performance issues when using QML in non-fullscreen mode. That's why Qt Components Hildon is being designed to run in fullscreen mode (which requires duplication of the status area, but it's the lesser of two evils).

Using Harmattan Qt Components in fullscreen will give better performance than non-fullscreen, but you lose access to the Hildon status area.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hmm... just wanna ask. should i expect any conflict when i install libqtm-11? it's one of the dependencies. thanks!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
i can't run it... only see a black screen...

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
@vetsin thanks, url fixed!

@Versetti Please install the new version 0.0.3 and run it from the terminal, pastebin the output, I think it requires CSSU

New version should be faster on N900, added features to swipe to skip current track, and double tap to pause/play.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
unable to install.. libqtm-11 package is missing.. i tried to install missing package via x-term.. its saying cant install.. broken package.. any idea??

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
@munozferna 0.3 same problem... but i haven't install it CSSU

already got it installed using HAM.
it works but it crashes and the buttons are sometimes hidden so there's nothing i can press.
how can i launch this by xterm so i can make better reports? thanks again!

Tags
8tracks, workinprogress