Notices

Thanks for the info Richard, I am not aware of any app that does this.

Well Paulkon..... you might know the new technology called "Wifi Direct" which breaks the limitation of wifi being only used for searching wlan and get connected.... If that thing comes on to maemo its really gonna rock.

Thanks anyway

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
According to the project page, Dukto is open source and written in Qt. should be easy to port for Maemo.

i'll give it a try later today.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
OHHH those words gave me some relief.....Thanks SubCore.

Best of Luck from me.

Hello!

I'm the author of Dukto, I'd like to develop a version for Maemo/Meego, but actually I don't own a Maemo device, so I'm very limited in developing and testing.

If in the future I'll be able to work on a Maemo or Meego device I'll absolutely port Dukto to these platforms.

Emanuele

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to HieiJ For This Useful Post:
there you go.

thanks to Qt, all i had to do was 'svn checkout' the symbian sources and fix one tiny typo (dukto.png should be with a capital D in resources/, linux is case-sensitive ), and it compiles and runs almost perfectly.

it's even hildonized and everything, without a single touch. i'm really impressed by Qt's cross compatibility at this point - i only experimented inside a maemo env up until now.
the only two things that don't seem to work properly are:
*) sending text from maemo (the reason for this is that you cannot access the title bar while a dialogue is open - but that's easily fixed by adding a button there)
*) canceling a file transfer.

i could create a package in extras, but since the current authors already have an ovi store presence, i suggest to contact them to simply make it avaliable for the N900 as well. all they have to do is install the Nokia Qt SDK under linux for testing/compiling, fix the "sending text" - buttons and canceling, and flip some checkbox in their dukto ovi app preferences as i imagine.

in the meanwhile, here's the binary i compiled straight from the source at google.com with the above mentioned single change.

put it somewhere in /home/user or /opt (NOT in MyDocs) and make it executable by "chmod +x Dukto". then run by calling it via XTerm. or create a .desktop file for it.
Attached Files
File Type: gz Dukto.tar.gz (61.1 KB, 224 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HieiJ View Post
I'm the author of Dukto, I'd like to develop a version for Maemo/Meego, but actually I don't own a Maemo device, so I'm very limited in developing and testing.
i was just writing my previous post, didn't see yours in the meantime

as i said, it runs out-of-the-box, with 2 minor "glitches". if you want i can see what i can do and send you suggestions, although not before this weekend

Here is a binary for Dukto on Maemo5.
Unzip it and copy it to your MyDocs folder.
you can start it from the terminal like this : sudo ./Dukto

Last edited by zappa; 2010-12-14 at 23:17. Reason: removed binary in favor of Subcores

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
i was just writing my previous post, didn't see yours in the meantime

as i said, it runs out-of-the-box, with 2 minor "glitches". if you want i can see what i can do and send you suggestions, although not before this weekend
I'd like to make it available on the Ovi store also for Maemo! Currently I'm quite busy, but I'll have some time during the winter holidays. How can I contact you for some info and help about it?

Originally Posted by zappa View Post
Here is a binary for Dukto on Maemo5.
Unzip it and copy it to your MyDocs folder.
you can start it from the terminal like this : sudo ./Dukto
that's built from the Desktop UI, isn't it?

i tried that too at first, but had better luck with the symbian branch, whis is a bit more finger-friendly.

Originally Posted by HieiJ View Post
I'd like to make it available on the Ovi store also for Maemo! Currently I'm quite busy, but I'll have some time during the winter holidays. How can I contact you for some info and help about it?
i read this board regularly, just PM me

Tags
file transfer