Active Topics

Notices

all,

I had problem getting my setup before. when i think about it now, I think I may have booted the phone a number of times due to the other thing that I was also playing around. may be you could try rebooting the phone?

cheers,

Last edited by cheve; 2011-04-20 at 02:59.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Can anyone having issues with omvs please upload their logs, or just the parts about receving commands. It could be an issue of incorrectly sent commands, which causes omvs to just drop them.

Thanks

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
Sorry, if this was already answered, but how do you get the log?

-sc

After routing somewhere, you will see the log window fill up. Click save log (no message or indication will be given if its saved... A problem i just realised ). Navigate to the cities/voices/ folder (where the different languages are) and it'll be saved there.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I have tried uninstalling the CSSU and reinstalling OVS but still get the segmentation fault, is there a way to debug to see what is happening when I try to run it?

If you have QtCreator set up to connect to your N900, you can debug the code and find out the problematic areas. Mine seems to work fine so I cannot help at the moment. Even if you do not have it set up to talk to your N900, you can still run it in the simulator and send it commands through a normal browser (just use the same format from the log as its a bit picky).

Lastly sorry in advanced for the horrible code

http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...eserver/0.1-9/

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
If you have QtCreator set up to connect to your N900, you can debug the code and find out the problematic areas. Mine seems to work fine so I cannot help at the moment. Even if you do not have it set up to talk to your N900, you can still run it in the simulator and send it commands through a normal browser (just use the same format from the log as its a bit picky).

Lastly sorry in advanced for the horrible code

http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...eserver/0.1-9/
No worries, seems there is something else not right on my device, cant get espeak from command prompt speak.

Can anyone having issues with omvs please upload their logs, or just the parts about receving commands. It could be an issue of incorrectly sent commands, which causes omvs to just drop them.

Thanks
Hey there,
here is my part about receiving sounds, if you need more details, I will edit the whole log (removing GPS-Data).
Code:
Received:/Sound/604.8302505426376|km|junction|quiteleft|onto|StreetA
Received:/Sound/946.002306096266|km|junction|quiteleft|onto|StreetB
Received:/Sound/288.29594891863576|km|junction|quiteleft|onto|StreetB
Cheers,
Blck

After routing somewhere, you will see the log window fill up. Click save log (no message or indication will be given if its saved... A problem i just realised ). Navigate to the cities/voices/ folder (where the different languages are) and it'll be saved there.
log window??

my omvs has nothing about logs, no title bar menu. just four tabs:
options
command tester
espeak
last search

last search does not populate and i dont see a log window. tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times but the same.

do i have a currupted install?

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
log window??

my omvs has nothing about logs, no title bar menu. just four tabs:
options
command tester
espeak
last search

last search does not populate and i dont see a log window. tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times but the same.

do i have a currupted install?
did you adjust the font size of your n900?. Mine is set to +2 using the theme customizer, and the 'log' tab of my omvs is almost pushed off the screen on the left.

cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post: