Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by KotCzarny View Post
@delaroca: hmm, true, i wonder what input it expects for simulated 'enter'.. maybe some dbus message i'll investigate it
btw. for quick sending ctrl-m use quick modifiers: press m and drag it to the left
KP_Enter works on computer

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ .pl
hmm, i have tried using kp_enter but it seems to have same result as regular enter (hildon probably catches both of them), i will try to sniff out how to make it work

The Following User Says Thank You to KotCzarny For This Useful Post:
hmm, i have tried using kp_enter but it seems to have same result as regular enter (hildon probably catches both of them), i will try to sniff out how to make it work
Another question, when hitting either the "Meta" or the "Alt" keys, all of them light up together as if they were connected... I used "xev' to sniff the keycodes being generated and what I see is two keycodes in sequence being generated (64 and 134) when pressing one of these keys. Any idea what is going on?

-- Denis

KP_Enter works from xkbd. (Enter has same behavior of kicking up thumb-board.)
It's not a case of Hildon catching both, I'm pretty sure.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by yadin View Post
It works great but I have one problem: when used in a hildonized application,
pressing enter (return) invokes the hildonized virtual keyboard instead of
send a return, and pressing again minimizes the hildonized keyboard. Is there a way to send a return to the application from xvkbd?
Does this work?

ANSWER: No, it doesn't. The keyboard still pops up and down. CTRL-m is still your best bet.

Last edited by qole; 2008-05-27 at 22:00. Reason: Answered my own question. Sigh.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Need additionally to install the libraries libxmu6 and libxpm4 -- which I fetched from pupnik.de.
They are both available via apt-get install; I couldn't find libxpm4 on pupnik.de

ok, here are some, and yes, layout is flexible, but i only added 'hide' button because it's fine for me
as for documentation, probably looking at example layout files. they're in the source package, i have put some of them in the same place as binary, for example german layout:

mkdir /etc/X11/app-defaults/
wget -O/etc/X11/app-defaults/XVkbd-german http://mrrau.dyndns.org:23280/n800/x...Vkbd-german.ad

then you will have it selectable as a runtime menu option
Ok, two problems. First, the "Hide button" mod is not in the keyboard layout file itself... I surmise it is a mod on the xvkbd code, no? I loaded the German layout that you provided and sure enough switching to it makes the "Hide button" go away. Edit: In fact, going back to the "default (US" layout doesn't bring back the "hide button".

Second problem, on checking the Spanish layout file (from the v2.9 distribution of xvbkd) I see that the lowercase / uppercase mapping of spanish "n" with diacritical "~" is not quite right: the lowercase mapping comes out in uppercase... I suspect that there's a character-set problem involved. In comparison, the v3.0 of xvbkd that I have tried on Easy Debian seems to have the international character maps perfect. Edit: The situation is that the onscreen kbd keys are all shown in uppercase, but are actually delivered in the right case as coded in the layout files.

-- Denis

Last edited by delaroca; 2008-09-28 at 15:57.

ok, here are some, and yes, layout is flexible, but i only added 'hide' button because it's fine for me
Could you make your modified source available? How did you get build the source without the 'imake' tools in scratchbox?

-- Denis

Hi! i'm a heavy user of xvkbd since i discovered it.. i would like to know if we could modify it a little.. it actually bothers me when iconified it blocks the access to the scrollbars.. mostly when browsing..

Cheers..

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ .pl
@delaroca: source is on the same site as the binary
@unwired: sure, it was more proof-of-a-concept which i have planned to make configurable, but got sidetracked with other things

maybe i should look at v3.x too when i'm at it