Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
I think it would be interesting to know if you installed this one first before updating to the version in extras-devel.
Yes, I have. I also deleted everything and installed it again from extras and nothing changed. Should I uninstall/purge again and install that .deb file?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2016 @ Austria
I'm also curious about the steps you've done that lead to the malfunction (mine is still working but I didn't run an update as of yet. I disabled auto-update; yes, feel free to dub me 'control-freak', anyone ). so, maybe the one that now 'resides' in the extras isn't "bit-identical"??

[edit]my post came a little bit too late. but still bears the information that the 'unuploaded' version that t-b pointed to still works fine. so my conclusion..: yes, try the original .deb-file(s) again; will most likely work[/edit]

Last edited by HTuRtle; 2016-05-31 at 17:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to HTuRtle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
After deleting telegram plugin and installing it again from the deb it's finally working. Tnx HTuRtle

Now...how do I disable auto-update? Also, do you know how can I save images that were sent from Telegram users on Android?

first question: did you actually purge the extras installation? (because I don't deem it necessary; I could've mentioned it before, though..).

regarding auto-update: 'autoupdateconfigurator' is the app to go (I think it technically can't 'disable' the auto-update entirely but can set the check interval to a really-really long period).
okay, 'back' after some 'research' . it's maybe not in the 'standard'-repos. check this page for a brief overview and here is the direct download link (it's a .install-file).
[edit]but the more knowledgeable should be able to directly point to the right config-file to manually <s>tamper with</s> alter[/edit]
[edit2]here one goes *facepalm*[/edit2]

regarding media-files you've got: you'll find them in "~/.purple/telegram-purple/+$YOUR_PHONE\#/downloads/". however, an alternative way is visiting 'tdesktop.com'. for windows, I'd recommend their portable version. copy only one (large) executable-file to any usb-drive/location you want and you're good to go. neat management of your profile, chat-history and all your media-files.

nice evening

Last edited by HTuRtle; 2016-05-31 at 19:47.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by branja View Post
After deleting telegram plugin and installing it again from the deb it's finally working. Tnx HTuRtle
Either the problem was caused by leaving the old dependency package libwebp while reinstalling purple-protocol-plugin, or the autobuilder did something that borked the plugin. Unfortunately, I won't have my phone until the weekend, so I can't test the packages in extras-devel till then.
If you have installed the debs posted before and want to install the ones from extras devel, uninstall both purple-telegram-plugin and libwebp before reinstalation.

Last edited by maacruz; 2016-05-31 at 20:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Defect here since the update to 1.2.6, too

No connection anymore, after I tried to change the account-settings I saw that the complete Telegram-protocol seems to be gone from the pulldown-list....strange.

Reinstalled it without a change.

Now I'm going to read here a bit.......

If I try to remove ppt, it says Remove:
purple... 1.2.6-1
libwebp 0.5.0-1 - isn't that the correct one ?

Last edited by Micha1982; 2016-06-08 at 20:03.

I do not get it to work anymore.

Please fix!!

just to post a second 'user-experience': for me it's still working as always .. nothing changed. hence, it doesn't look like a 'general problem that affects everyone'.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by HTuRtle View Post
just to post a second 'user-experience': for me it's still working as always .. nothing changed. hence, it doesn't look like a 'general problem that affects everyone'.
My experience is the same as HTurRtle above. All working fine. I had added it using the debs in a previous post on this thread

In the meanwhile I removed Pidgin and all its installed extensions and reinstalled them one by one, without success.

Telegram is still missing/away in Pidgins pulldown-menu.

The strange thing is, I see no difference between my posted/installed filenames and the ones in the deb.-posting - the only difference I can see is the word 'armel', but version-numbers are matching. Next thing I could do is to check the filesize anyhow, but I do not think that it helps /assuming the files in the repos are definately the same as in the above mentioned deb. posting.

However, something definately is wrong as it does not work here and for some others. The question is why and what can I do now.....

Tags
pidgin, telegram