Notices

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
@scarcow & @sdpkom i was still not successful in reproducing the search issue on my n900. it is running stable cssu and overclocked to 850mhz. as such i will prepare a test binary that should log the incoming results from the search server, which you will need to install.
just out of curiosity, when you press the "show on map" after the search, does it show a yellow "pin" in the so-called result location?
yes it does.

another thing, if i long tap on the map, i can successfuly navigate there (e.g bypassing the searchbox).

i think itss related to the searchbox thing, because afterwords, even if i do the same search from my log of last places, it still works.

i use ukeybord to be able to type hebrew characters.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by sdpkom View Post
yes it does.

another thing, if i long tap on the map, i can successfuly navigate there (e.g bypassing the searchbox).

i think itss related to the searchbox thing, because afterwords, even if i do the same search from my log of last places, it still works.

i use ukeybord to be able to type hebrew characters.
I use my modified fastsms to write Hebrew characters, but I don't think this is the case as @scarcow doesn't use Hebrew at all.

Anyway, please @sdpkom & @scarcow, if you can, please do the following before running waze - it should provide me with enough info to continue my investigation:
Code:
rm /home/user/MyDocs/.waze/postmortem
cp /home/user/MyDocs/.waze/preferences /home/user/MyDocs/.waze/preferences.bak
echo "General.Log level: 1" >> /home/user/MyDocs/.waze/preferences
This will remove the existing log file and raise the log level to the highest and create a backup of the original preferences file (so that you can easily revert the change).

After that please run waze and redo the search, this time it will produce a very big log file which you might need to zip in order to upload it to the thread. When I tried searching for Jerusalem for example I found the following result in the log which is the expected result:
Code:
AddressCandidate,waze,35.210370296460354,31.78015076092996,,,Jerusalem,,
Thanks.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
Ok, my result for Pannonhalma, Hungary is:
Code:
AddressCandidate,waze,17.754636421738,47.5499188825995,,,Pannonhalma,,
Is this enough, or do you need the whole postmortem? Btw, i think these coordinates are swaped. If i put these into google maps for example, it will show me to somewhere in the Arab peninsula. If i swap them, that's the correct place.

The approximate coordinates of the location waze shows me is something like 47.00,17.00

This gives me an idea...
Yes, seems i was correct. If i test with Debrecen, 47.529974,21.639357, it shows me 47.0, 21.0, so, it seems that it somehow casts it to int, or something when displaying. The actual results in postmortem are correct (even though swapped).

Does this help?

-sc

The Following User Says Thank You to ScarCow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
This gives me an idea...
Yes, seems i was correct. If i test with Debrecen, 47.529974,21.639357, it shows me 47.0, 21.0, so, it seems that it somehow casts it to int, or something when displaying. The actual results in postmortem are correct (even though swapped).

Does this help?
Thanks, thats very helpful & also consistent with what @sdpkom experienced.
I'll start digging to find the bad cast.

@sdpkom & @scarcow i was not able to find the bad cast as waze is a mess so instead i recompiled with the -Wconversion flag to point out "hidden" casts - i made 4 small changes and the result deb has been uploaded here.

Since i was not able to reproduce your issue, can you please test it?

Note that you must install v0.0.5 before installing this deb. if you already have v0.0.5 installed ignore previous sentence

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
sorry for being unresponsive last week. it was a hecktick week.

installed it.
Now what?, do you still need me to change the logging level? do you need my postmortem file? anything else?

Originally Posted by sdpkom View Post
sorry for being unresponsive last week. it was a hecktick week.

installed it.
Now what?, do you still need me to change the logging level? do you need my postmortem file? anything else?
after install just try to do the search again. no need to raise the log level. If it doesnt solve the issue i'll try to find another angle for it.

Search still not working ok and last crash:
Attached Files
File Type: txt postmortem.txt (2.2 KB, 79 views)

Originally Posted by 654321 View Post
Search still not working ok and last crash:
according to the log you are out of memory and that is why it crashed...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
I can confirm what 654321 said. Search still has the same issue.

-sc