Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
If they adopted Win 7, why would they have to dump meego or symbian? Couldn't they just add another platform?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
But let's not go down this path of 'discussion' again...
Ah yes, niche geek concerns are irrelevant. We should just be quiet and take what we're given. I keep forgetting that.

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
If they adopted Win 7, why would they have to dump meego or symbian? Couldn't they just add another platform?
Not Symbian, that's mid to low end. Adopting WP7 would totally undermine MeeGo development efforts by covering it in uncertainty. Perfect FUD for Microsoft, and it drives developers away.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
True, it seems that WP7 was set out to repeat all of iOS' failures from the start.
M$ sees iOS as a huge success I'm sure and obviously with some good reason. And we know M$ copies or aquires, not innovates. So...

Monkey Boy Ballmer saw that iOS was a Very Closed System and declared that it was Good.
He saw that it made billions for the Company That Owned It and declared it was Good.
M$ set out to make WP7 even more closed than iOS in hopes to make billions too, and Monkey Boy Ballmer declared it was Good.
Monkey Boy Ballmer then sent his disciple Elop to spread the word of WP7 far and wide, as far as Finland, and he declared it was Good.

Let's hope this doesn't mean we end up with the smartphone equivalent of priests and young boys...
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Ah yes, niche geek concerns are irrelevant. We should just be quiet and take what we're given. I keep forgetting that.
Yes, I think vi is better than emacs too.

What? You didn't say that?
Well don't start imagining things I don't say either.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
don't start imagining things I don't say either.
Didn't say you did. It is the corporate, mass-market perspective however.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Last time I seem to remind Nokia was said to do things with M$ it was the time of one of the Communicators. Many many years ago. In the end they made a M$ Exchange-compatible app, or word- and excel-like apps.
Hope is something like that, something *innocuous*.

If Nokia turns W7, I'll buy another n900, used, just in case I lose or brick mine, and keep them until I find another device I can have fun with

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
If Nokia turns W7, I'll buy another n900, used, just in case I lose or brick mine, and keep them until I find another device I can have fun with
+1. I might get 2 more to avoid WP7 and Android.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Last time I seem to remind Nokia was said to do things with M$ it was the time of one of the Communicators. Many many years ago. In the end they made a M$ Exchange-compatible app, or word- and excel-like apps.
Hope is something like that, something *innocuous*.

If nokia goes wp7 I sell my stocks directly and buys three N900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
And I, 4! Hurrah!

Tags
borrrrrrrrrring, just shoot me, kill me now!, nokia haters, popcorn time, pure fud