Hellow,

I've installed and configured Qtirreco from extra-devel and it seems that my infrared port doesn't work (tested with a camera).

Is there a way to test through the terminal the infrared port ?

Thanks for any answer

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Qtirreco doesn't work on my phone too. Try uninstall and install irreco-for-n900.

Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
Qtirreco doesn't work on my phone too. Try uninstall and install irreco-for-n900.
I've also tried irreco but I can't create buttons on remotes with it. Some internal bugs, it's not like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblSL0hG6Wg, at 3:53 I've only "Special commande".

It's the reason why I'm looking for a way to test the IR port with the terminal.

Any ideas ? Thanks

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
try my shutter widget and observe the ir port through a digicam

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
I know this isn't the answer you want but I'll tell you anyway
I installed irreco, set everything up for a remote on my TV, arranged all the buttons as I wanted them, time to try it - nothing - WTF
Scrat my head, checked through everything, all as it should be, tried again - nothing
Ahhhhh or should it be Dohhhhh I was holding the phone like a remote for the TV worked fine when I held it properly, well apart from all the buttons now being in the wrong place!

I played a bit with irreco just as a universal setup but could only go as far as off and on. channel/volume + - is no go so far. so at least I do know the ir works, just have not found the right generic settings.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
try my shutter widget and observe the ir port through a digicam
I had to reboot for adding the widget to the desktop, but it works !!!

So, my IR port works and I know that the problem is in irreco / QTirreco...

Thanks

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
Im having similar problems to Dactar. I tried the shutter app after uninstalling all other apps that use IR, and rebooted. It reports

Shutter: IRsend failed: 1

Maybe i have corrupted file/drivers or defective IR hardware. Is there a way of checking without reflashing?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Also tried shutter widget - but with qtirreco installed. Will uninstall all other stuff and reboot, and see if I get any luck.. I know my camera will see the IR fine from the port (for anyone still unsure/not read the manual, its the red window on the side of the device that points away from you in landscape mode, just below the "N900" logo on the display side).

Tested the camera that Im using to check if the port works with a real remote control, can see that so I know it should see the N900 output if I get it working. Really hoping I don't have a defective N900 - warranty return could be somewhat of a pain.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I'm having the same problem with the infrared port as Digbum (Shutter: IRsend failed: 1). I can't use the QtIrreco either.
My infrared port used to work, but then it just stopped working one morning. I had just installed Shutter from extras-testing last night and it still worked then. Is there any way to see are the drivers for the infarared port not working or is the problem in the hardware.