Originally Posted by jenix View Post
I'm still experiencing massive battery drain when bluetooth and / or wifi is enabled.
As soon as I enable bluetooth, the CPU never goes to sleep. The same happens on some wifi connections. When I'm at home and my phone is connected to my wifi, everything is fine. When it's connected to my companies wifi, I see the same issues (battery drain because the CPU no longer enabled sleep mode).

As a first I'm now downgrading from 3.0.3.8 EA back to 3.0.2.8 and hope Jolla will fix this prior to the official release of 3.0.3.
Probably it would be useful to report this issue on https://together.jolla.com (did'nt find it there)...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
There's a point update to 3.0.3.9

Code:
 - droid-config-h4413-bluez5;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413-flashing;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413-policy-settings;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413-preinit-plugin;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413-pulseaudio-settings;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413-sailfish;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;noarch;adaptation0
 - droid-config-h4413;0.2.29.1-1.7.1.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - droid-hal-version-h4413;0.0.7-1.2.5.jolla;armv7hl;adaptation0
 - sailfish-version-variant;3.0.3-1.11.9.jolla;noarch;jolla
 - sailfish-version;3.0.3-1.11.9.jolla;noarch;jolla

Last edited by mrsellout; 2019-05-07 at 10:27.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
No upgrade is shown; did you do an upgrade via terminal?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caluna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Yes (10 char)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Please, check again 3.0.3.9 was released to all one hour ago.

Edit: from 3.0.3.8 20 MB to download for my X.
Edit2: Blog Post https://blog.jolla.com/hossa/

Last edited by Unreasonable Behaviour; 2019-05-07 at 15:22.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Has always been the case I think, or ever since I started using Sailfish, from ver 2.x. I thought it to be weird at first. But in some way, it felt logical or quite fine. If you do not interact with screen, it locks the device, but since the video is playing and is in focus, screen does not blank. Access is limited to that particular browser tab. You might have left the video playing and left the phone unattended, which would be foolish I agree, in which case anyone could grab the device and access some already open private tabs or other data unless it is protected as it is now.
A good point. But it can lead to weird situations. For example, I watch a Youtube video. The video is finished and my screen is still on. It has never occurred to me that it may have timed out.

Now I swipe from the bottom to start a new application. I expect the launcher but instead, I get the Camera app starting. I have not tried it but I suspect you would get Camera regardless of whether you have a screen lock PIN set up or not.

So now we have an inconsistency. A swipe from the bottom within a screen timeout limit brings up the launcher but wait a little bit longer and the same gesture does something completely different.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
[...]A swipe from the bottom within a screen timeout limit brings up the launcher but wait a little bit longer and the same gesture does something completely different.
Only if the user deliberately decided to switch the "swipe from bottom on lockscreen to open camera" on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

Now I swipe from the bottom to start a new application. I expect the launcher but instead, I get the Camera app starting. I have not tried it but I suspect you would get Camera regardless of whether you have a screen lock PIN set up or not.
I think maybe not, because with no PIN lock set, my SF phone never goes into "locked but on" state even after extended sessions with keep-screen-on applications running like web video. I'll test this specifically this morning when I catch up on what Colbert said after I was asleep, and report back soon(TM).

Edit. I checked it out while watching youtube on my daily walk-to-nowhere: With no PIN lock set (and swipe up for camera enabled) and the screen on keep-alive by the playing video, a swipe up from the bottom edge opens launcher not the camera app.

Last edited by robthebold; 2019-05-09 at 14:19. Reason: performed experiment, results in

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Thanks, robthebold. I stand corrected.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Only if the user deliberately decided to switch the "swipe from bottom on lockscreen to open camera" on.
Doesn't everybody?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: