Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
so has anyone else registered at Meego? And am I the only one that is surprised by the lack of any REAL info on there?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki
Registered yesterday. Browsing the user list it looked like so did many others. The site should really host some kind of Talk equivalent though and soon :P

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Yep, I've registered and signed up to some lists and whatnot.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
no. I really hope they change their minds. do the merge but keeping the name maemo X...and this forum.

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-02-16 at 15:16.

Yes I registered as soon as the news hit. It's a really good way to follow the developers', both Maemo based ones and Moblin ones, discussion re e.g. RPM vs DEB etc.

I think Quim Gil displays a lot of wisdom in his posts over there. This think will be history a year from now, things will settle down, we will all learn and adapt in the process.

There's also an explanation o'er there that the reason for picking the Moblin as foundation is its tailored to run across many platforms, whereas Maemo had been optimised to run on Nokia's existing and planned hardware platforms only.

Furthermore there are statements to the effect that it will be the best of both worlds, and that they honestly and truthfully believe so. There is an effort to show there is no hidden agenda, and a lot of good effort to tear down any barriers between different p-o-w. For the most part, at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
so has anyone else registered at Meego? And am I the only one that is surprised by the lack of any REAL info on there?
Registered yesterday evening and subscribed to the dev list.
I guess the lack of info is kind of expected, though it doesn't help.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Registered and threatening to joing their community working group. That'd knock the whole idea on the head! The Moblin people would run screaming into the night.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Gadgety View Post

There's also an explanation o'er there that the reason for picking the Moblin as foundation is its tailored to run across many platforms, whereas Maemo had been optimised to run on Nokia's existing and planned hardware platforms only.
Didn't find it. Can you provide a link to this part? Thanks.

Yep, yesterday. Why wouldn't you?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
I mean for something thats seems to be a big deal between two big companies, there should be more there. More than just a pic of an N900 on the homepage and some stuff about Meego will be this or that. Maybe some insight into the UI or pics or something. It kinda caught us off guard here right? but this had to have been in the works since they started shipping out N900's. Somebody has to have some kinda scoop.