Hi,

I've searched this site for a bluetooth watch application for Maemo but I can't find it.

Does anyone know if there is or will be an app for bluetooth watches like the SE MBW-150?

According to forum.nokia.com, the N900 supports the following bluetooth profiles:
A2DP, AVRCP, FTP, HFP, HSP, OPP

I don't know where to find specs for Sony-Ericsson products, but a quick google found the music edition of it, and that atleast mentioned AVRCP, so controlling the media player could work with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
I think the Sony watches only work with Sony phones. You may be able to control playback, but you won't get any information on the watch's display, which to me is the whole point.

The SE watches work witch most Windows mobile devices too http://www.smartmadsoft.com/

Or Symbian and Blackberry http://www.sic-software.com/index.ph...mid=20&lang=en

Has anyone tried to connect SE MBW-150 with N900?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Oh, I double this request!
I do own an MBW-150 and I contributed as much as I could over at xda-developers.com (kinda like the same what this forum is but for HTC devices) in the developement thread of SmartWatchM, the software by www.smartmadsoft.com

shadowjk, Sony Ericsson claims that the watch does AVRCP, but it doesnt, it doesnt follow the standard at all. Some guys at xda-developers.com figured out how the watch connects and got it to work. The result is BTWach (or so I think, obsolete by now) and SmartWatchM. The watch is quite powerful once you figured out how it works. It is even possible to send pictures to the phone or create "complex" graphical menues on the watches display to remote control the phone it is connected to.

Anyone interested might get in touch with the guy behind SmartWatchM. Shouldnt be a problem to port the necessary parts onto Maemo...

moneytoo is the guys nickname and by browsing his site I just found out that the guy already ported his application to BlackBerry and Android (yay! got one of those)! Getting it to work on Maemo shouldn't be that much of a hassle I reckon (although I am not a developer and have no idea what I'm talking about )...!

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
Don't think I'm not interested in the Maemo platform. I'm waiting for N900 to be available in my country.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The InterWeb
I would be very interested in it! I'm planning on buying a bluetooth watch but that is currently on hold because I switched from WinMo to Maemo 5.

Yay master moneytoo himself chimed in! Nice to see you again, it's a long time ago since the whole Windows Mobile thing started...!
Well, actually no, it's *not* a long time ago but IT time just moves so damn fast...

The Following User Says Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post: