Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Why no option to buy it with Sailfish pre-installed and supported?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Why no option to buy it with Sailfish pre-installed and supported?
If there is no support from Jolla, then how can you expect official Sailfish-option?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
There is and has been support from Jolla towards the community porters.

And still, they are missing out the (small) hype train...
Could have been really fruitfull imo. Are they just too cautious after Turing Flawbotics and the likes?
Maybe the 2nd Tablet try hurt?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think I made a mistake ordering Pro X. Waiting is something I m not good at and when they have announced shipping in march, I am not too optimistic to get the phone in march (even though I have my birthday then). So waiting without deadline when waiting will end is a bummer.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
There is and has been support from Jolla towards the community porters.

And still, they are missing out the (small) hype train...
Could have been really fruitfull imo. Are they just too cautious after Turing Flawbotics and the likes?
Maybe the 2nd Tablet try hurt?
Couldn't agree more. If it had official sailfish support i would order it without blinking an eye. But seeing the overall slow development of sailfish i'm starting to look for alternatives but there really aren't many.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Should have jumped on the 'pre Christmas' one but dithered while trying to look for info on Ubuntu Touch (thought Ubuntu phones died years ago) and it sold out.

10-12 weeks for the standard model is sooner than March but not sure my phone will last that long, plus it's still way bigger than I'd like (but pretty much every phone is )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Should have jumped on the 'pre Christmas' one but dithered while trying to look for info on Ubuntu Touch (thought Ubuntu phones died years ago) and it sold out.

10-12 weeks for the standard model is sooner than March but not sure my phone will last that long, plus it's still way bigger than I'd like (but pretty much every phone is )
Bummer on your missing that. I'm likewise bummed that my previous experience with indiegogo (not fxtec-related at all) was only successfully resolved with the involvement of attorneys. I don't think I can use them again (barring them singing the "I'm very sorry" song) even for a totally different project. I've got an outstanding order for a Pro1 (non-X) from F(x)tec that I'm still waiting for that maybe will get some upgrade love with this new(ish) device announced.

For anyone interested, I like the SFOS interface better, but Ubuntu Touch is not bad at all. I use it on and off on a OnePlus One, and it's a capable daily driver for calls, SMS, MMS, web browsing. I think the addition of Pure Maps has improved navigation greatly, but haven't tested thoroughly enough yet. And focusing on the camera seems to have regressed lately, at least on my hardware. The implementation of Tux Racer is a blast!

The onscreen terminal keyboard, though, is way behind Sailfish. SFOS has just about all the keys you need at your fingertips without booster keys or long-press functions or what-not to do the usual bash stuff. But of course, the HWKB solves this problem nicely.

(Now for me what I'd like to see happen is to just slap that cool blue X case on my in process Pro1 order and ship that puppy to me. Oh yeah, and I'd like to be able to multi-boot SFOS, Leste and Ubuntu Touch.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
For any one thinking about getting involved I noticed this link whilst looking around:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...ken=2c0a82a4#/
There is currently 18 left at 28% off (USD639).
Shame I found it after backing for $679. I am also not that keen how the number of discounted perks keep changing, meaning some, including me have paid higher than currently available.
Anywhere, lets hope for a great port or official releas of SFOS.
Thanks All.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by juz View Post
For any one thinking about getting involved I noticed this link whilst looking around:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...ken=2c0a82a4#/
There is currently 18 left at 28% off (USD639).
Shame I found it after backing for $679. I am also not that keen how the number of discounted perks keep changing, meaning some, including me have paid higher than currently available.
Anywhere, lets hope for a great port or official releas of SFOS.
Thanks All.
Now there are 30 left (the upper limit is moving.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Been awhile... Do you have to pick between Lineage and Ubuntu or can you dual boot? Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
expectations