Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
The microSD procedure seems odd.
The cards should be hot-pluggable.
It is true that the in the phone you have to remove the battery to insert the card, so maybe this is only temporary (e.g. due to indexing only working on devices mounted at boot time).
There's nothing that should prevent you from hotplugging the sdcard. What I think this means is that Jolla gives the above info just for clueless users who do not know what mount/umount means.
As there is no automatic method to do that before inserting and removing cards it is better to err on the side of caution...

Just like on the Jolla phone where you can easily hot-swap sdcards, you just need to manually umount the fs before removing the card.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's nothing that should prevent you from hotplugging the sdcard. What I think this means is that Jolla gives the above info just for clueless users who do not know what mount/umount means.
As there is no automatic method to do that before inserting and removing cards it is better to err on the side of caution...

Just like on the Jolla phone where you can easily hot-swap sdcards, you just need to manually umount the fs before removing the card.
Every Android version has a simple button in the settings to unmount the SDCard... I don't know why Jolla has not implemented this simple feature...

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
What's the Sailfish OS version of the tablet after the update?

https://twitter.com/chc_yabush

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Every Android version has a simple button in the settings to unmount the SDCard... I don't know why Jolla has not implemented this simple feature...
As an opportunity for developers!

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Thanks, adding a padding 0 did it!
Also works for me. But my tablet will not arrive today and I will leave on vacation tomorrow morning...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Really interested in hearing from the folks that have their tablets their thoughts - good and the bad.

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I had both 32Gb for ma brotha and 64Gb for me. I was invited.

No any tracking info yet tho.

I ordered a 32Gb and was invited in the first wave - no delivery info yet though.. was wondering about the memory thing myself

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
user unpacking videos? Reviews ?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Wasted opportunity. Why not learn from the giants of the past? The N900 unmounted the SD card automatically if you removed the back cover. It had a magnetic sensor for that purpose.

Jolla also has a sensor detecting that the back cover (also known as The Other Half) has been removed. Why not using it?

Oh, sorry, I forgot. The Other Half is there for changing ringtones and desktop wallpapers, not for anything actually useful.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Gasp! Burn the heretic! He is suggesting that Jolla should do something that Android does! Oh no!!!
...mumble mumble unlike mumble mumble...

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Jolla also has a sensor detecting that the back cover (also known as The Other Half) has been removed. Why not using it?
This is a good idea and should even be simple enough to add it as a service or something. Doesn't apply to the tablet though :-(

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund