Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Hello guys,

For a long time I was not in the forum. Now I am happy being here again. I have N900 and used to love this phone.

At the moment I am using Desire HD. I am very pleased with the device, using mainly for calling, calendar, mail use and sync, Internet browsing. In general I like Android OS, but there are some things i dislike.
I rooted it and applied new ROM. Everything was fine till i made a mistake and tried to wipe some data. Tried to reflash myself and had a lot of problems. With few words - at the moment my Desire HD is in the service point and waiting for a expensive repair.

Now I am using my old N900. I found out that maemo 5 is still up to date and is working very well. Android OS is not very ahead from maemo5, in my personal opinion.

Now I have a dilemma - I like very much N9.

Would you please advice me - for my way of usage will be N9 suitable and should I change to N9? I know it is matter of personal taste and feeling, but I still think that maemo/meego is way more intuitive and useful than android os.

Please help me with your opinion about these topics:
-Is Calendar good and in comparison to HTC Sense calendar? I am using sync with Google account, Facebook, LinkedIn.
-Can I set live updates to my email accounts: gmail and abv.bg?
-How is preparing Internet browser in comparison to android browser?
-Can N9 be easy to reflash - I mean as easy as N900? Is there a way to use flasher 3.5 or such program, using PC and do it myself? I reflashed few times my N900 and everything was fine.

Thank you very much for all your help and time.
Best regards.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
you shouldn't have changed your n900 for a sub par android OS powered device in the first place... :P

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
you shouldn't have changed your n900 for a sub par android OS powered device in the first place... :P
Maybe you`re right.
But at the moment I bought Desire HD i did not think that N900 should have such perfect community service and long therm updates.

The N9 and N900 are quite different animals. You shouldn't think you are getting an upgraded N900 or you may be disappointed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
The N9 is better for everyday use ( for me ) but nothing can beat the N900 .
-Can I set live updates to my email accounts: gmail and abv.bg?
yes , with Gmail
-How is preparing Internet browser in comparison to android browser?
N9's brwoser is very simple with HTML5 supports and nothing else

- N9 is easy to flash , just similar to the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
having used both gingerbread and harmattan I have concluded to this: Harmattan feels at home when you come from Maemo 5. Now there are very few apps but I expect the wealth of apps to surpass that of Maemo 5. With the excellence of community support and the power of linux (thousands of lines of code waiting to be ported) the quality of apps should be high even if they are small in number. Qt components also help to keep the appearance and feel of applications consistent and nicer than their M5 counterparts. I have given a try to porting the WordPress app and it runs nicely on harmattan (unusable due to the lack of qtWidget but it should be usable without many modifications) and this should apply to all maemo 5 apps. Android on the other hand is more widely supported, more websites have android apps who use the api, but it is more closed down and requires rooting for even simple things like theming.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Based on what you said about what you do on Desire HD you'll be fine stepping "up" to meego, as for your expectations from Maemo (don't waste my time on semantics guys) that's another story.