Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by yazu View Post
@zwevert: Can you please tell me how to open the app in the N900? Thank you!
just download it, make it executable with chmod 755 or something and run it (all in a shell) and with a & at the end if you want to run it in backgroud so you can close the terminal-screen...

don't forget to make a directory 'yappariDownloads' as said by other people if you want to download all images...

Oh, the question if it's integradable with yappari: I don't think so because I believe Scorpius is allready busy with that but has some chalanges with the GUI. He can have my code, but I think he doesn't need it because he (or maybe she) knows enough about programming... Also the intension of YappariLogReader is that it can be used until Scorpius integrated multimedia messages himself and I hope he make it opensource after that...

afterall I think that i'll program tomorrow a little bit further...
Is there a good place where I can put all these programs/versions? garage or sourceforge of maybe something else??

Have a nice saterday evening all!

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
I've asked Scorpius but he gave no reaction.

Since Yappari's logfile contains URL's to multimedia messages, I've wrote my very first Qt application that will scan the whole logfile for url's.
It will show dateTime and the name of the sender in a list and if you doubleclick it will open the multimedia-message in the default browser.
The feature i've wrote yesterday is that you can download all the images/multimedia at once because the whatsapp-servers will only store the messages for a short time (2 weeks or something).

As I said, its my first app.
the logfile is readed at: /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
the download-dir is: /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads
for now you can't change these locations.

I like to share this app with you but can not give a lot of support because were all waiting for Scorpius to build-in multimedia messages in Yappari..

yappariLogReader - 70 KB
o, if you want the source, that no problem, please contact me...
I hope you like it also...
Hey, I did what you said (created the dir, changed permissions of the file to 755 and a+x and ran it), yet it always gives me a permission denied in the terminal window and nothing else happens. I double checked everything and also ran it as root, yet it won't start. Do you have any idea what's wrong?

@zwevert: I managed to run it, but it couldn't read the log file, so I went with filebox to the log directory and I found out that, for some reason, the log doesn't exist in my /home/user/.config/scorpius/ folder, I only have there the yappari.conf file. Thank anyways!

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
I've asked Scorpius but he gave no reaction.

Since Yappari's logfile contains URL's to multimedia messages, I've wrote my very first Qt application that will scan the whole logfile for url's.
It will show dateTime and the name of the sender in a list and if you doubleclick it will open the multimedia-message in the default browser.
The feature i've wrote yesterday is that you can download all the images/multimedia at once because the whatsapp-servers will only store the messages for a short time (2 weeks or something).

As I said, its my first app.
the logfile is readed at: /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
the download-dir is: /home/user/MyDocs/yappariDownloads
for now you can't change these locations.

I like to share this app with you but can not give a lot of support because were all waiting for Scorpius to build-in multimedia messages in Yappari..

yappariLogReader - 70 KB
o, if you want the source, that no problem, please contact me...
I hope you like it also...
how can I run or install your program ? Because when I try to install it using dpkg it says it is not debian archive format !

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
how can I run or install your program ? Because when I try to install it using dpkg it says it is not debian archive format !
it's just an executable no package...

cd to folder and issue "./yappariLogReader"
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
I have the latest Java version of whatsapp (WhatsApp_2_3_39.jar) downloaded directly from whatsapp.com. Can anybody decompile this independently and write a simple document to Scorpius on how to register a new whatsapp number? That way, we "china wall" the reverse-engineering efforts and Yappari is safe from reverse hacking accusations. Much like how most emulators are being developed now. Anyone?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
@scorpius...Is it possible to use custom sms and IM themes on yappari...?

Originally Posted by pratapamn View Post
The only thing I see is connected. It never says logged in.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hey guys , I'm new in n900 and i want to download whatsapp on it so i read the first post on this thread and it's good but i don't have nitdroid on so how i can install it without nitdroid ?
please help me !!!

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
Originally Posted by Rabah_vip View Post
hey guys , I'm new in n900 and i want to download whatsapp on it so i read the first post on this thread and it's good but i don't have nitdroid on so how i can install it without nitdroid ?
please help me !!!
hello .. u can download it and install it from the first post .. but u can't use it if u are a new user until the new fixing update .
what'sapp has just blocked any unofficial port client of there application,
i see there is some trying to make it work (it never complete registration on Yappari ) see the last 2pages on this thread

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp