Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There are plenty of people looking for viable alternatives to an iphone. Everyone gets saturated with gadgets. That is why I think WP8 will have a draw. Something different in people's pockets. Something that will tell the crowd I am a bit different.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c3

Yes, actually.

Im going to go as far as to say that your argument is completely valid and I feel like agreeing with it. I look for an alternative to Android.

However. There has ALWAYS been 'a little different' to buy. People just don't buy it.

Android phones, people buy those a lot these days. All those phones are so alike, it's a shame. I have a ZTE, and it's a blatant rip-off of any HTC phone ever. Samsungs without exceptions all look like a digital photo frame my grandma has. Android phones come in black, black, black. And all those chrome borders. Why copy a chrome border? The S III may not be black, but it's hardly looking very unique that either. And I bet the S IV will be black.

I saw one Sony (yes, they're still Evil Incorporated) phone with a some plasticy edge and a touch of colour, and I'm like... An Android phone that's not a variant of the Iphone? Is that even possible?

This is like a shocking and refreshing difference from the standard Android phone...
(Don't buy it, Sony design may be refreshing but they're still evil!)

Nokia also have designs that differ from the typical iphone/Android phone. They always had. The N9/Lumia phones got a bit of good attention for their looks.

So different hardware, Nokia has always had. Many different models, many stylish, some weird youthful. They didn't make Americans buy it before. (Let's ignore Symbian's rest-world sales numbers for a while - Nokia already seems to.)

I guess then, the outside can't be enough of a difference. It was available, but clearly not good enough to satisfy people comparing it to Iphone and Android?

So, maybe the difference should be on the inside. I know, I personally require both to be really intrigued. Well, on the inside they went from usually quite dull Symbian to sharp looking Windows Phone, right?

But that's not either.

Windows Phone 8 isn't really the first Different. Windows Phone 7.0 and Windows Phone 7.5 was already something a bit different. Microsoft has already put all it's weight behind that as well as several versions of Windows Mobile before that, all quite capable in it's time. And yet, they haven't been able to convert their massive might into actual sales.

Nokia already tried to make people desire Windows Phone 7.5. Nokia has always had the ability to build quality phones (when they want) and have different and/or stylish hardware. The N900 and Lumia phones are already a bit different.

Today, Nokia sell Windows Phone phones. The Windows Phone phones aren't selling enough. People don't want to buy them as much as they used to want to buy Symbian. Instead they want to buy Android phones, phones that look pretty much the same. I work in a tiny corp and three of these guys have the same S III.
Today I've met three guys who has a S III and one who hasn't.

It is not different people buy.

Also, if it was different people bought, Nokia shouldn't have dumped MeeGo. Really.

Last edited by volt; 2012-07-25 at 16:35.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Finland isn't a good country to base on. It is Nokia's home country and people there tend to give Nokia chance out of loyalty or pity. This is the only country in Europe where Lumia hasn't done too badly but it is not typical for Europe.
yes but i hope finland and the rest of northeuropean pissung on elops wp strategy and goes jollamobile... Because nokia is not finish anymore IMHO...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
Why is Elop still in charge? What are the share holders doing?
they are stupid and hopes wp success and doesnt care how many will leave nokia and how raped nokia is by microshit.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
I saw one Sony (yes, they're still Evil Incorporated) phone with a some plasticy edge and a touch of colour, and I'm like... An Android phone that's not a variant of the Iphone? Is that even possible?

This is like a shocking and refreshing difference from the standard Android phone...
(Don't buy it, Sony design may be refreshing but they're still evil!)
Only if your definition of evil is:
1) One of the first and few to have an unlocked bootloader on their phones
2) One of the best Android Open Source Project (AOSP) contributors

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...d-whos-on-top/

I don't care about any irrelevant MPAA/RIAA arguments. If you are buying an Android phone, Sony are the least "evil" manufacturer out there.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-07-25 at 21:08.

No, I am talking about a company that includes a rootkit on their music CDs, and when they are caught with it, they say it's not a problem because their customers doesn't know what a rootkit is.

They are the most evil company in electronics.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Finland isn't a good country to base on. It is Nokia's home country and people there tend to give Nokia chance out of loyalty or pity. This is the only country in Europe where Lumia hasn't done too badly but it is not typical for Europe.
Actually, Finland is the only European country where I have seen a WP handset in the wild.

Nok1V is having a good day today. With this, the 5 day graph starts looking like a real improvement.

Unfortunately, the 1 month graph tells a different story.

On longer term it seems more like the descent has slowed down, but a few more days like this and the trend will be up, not down.

6 months trend still look awful. It takes many days like this morning to get back up there.

Last edited by volt; 2012-07-26 at 11:08. Reason: Just to specify: Nok1V is still Nokia Corp, Helsinki, priced in Euros.

No, I am talking about a company that includes a rootkit on their music CDs, and when they are caught with it, they say it's not a problem because their customers doesn't know what a rootkit is.

They are the most evil company in electronics.
But again that's Sony BMG, the music subsidiary. The rootkit was not created by Sony, the electronics company nor the software company. It was created by First4Internet, some labels made the mistake of licensing First4Internet's DRM when such DRM was starting to take off. RCA records did the same with MediaMax which also installed without user consent. When BMG and Sony merged they kept most of the separate outsourced DRM schemes that each particular label used, not use their in-house DRM at all.

There is no excusing Sony BMG nor the response from the digital subsidiary head (most likely itself a result of ignorance) but like I said, I care not for the music/movie industry.

Nok1V is having a good day today. With this, the 5 day graph starts looking like a real improvement.
Good to hear. Most likely a result of the completed Scalado acquisition.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen