Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Dont be disappointed ,just extend the date and see the response as if that delights you !!

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i personally would appreciate if more thanks holder people come to the council and also those have been currently available time to time for the community work .Please we only have 2 duration left for our community term ,officially in sense of budget etc .So lets not ruin this ? i am no developer ,all i can do is block those spammer who been recently smashing threads over and over ,i dont know if i can stand in a cue ,but as an enthusiastic N900 user & lover ,i would like to do anything ,council asks me to ,only if i am capable of doing what so ever .
So either extend the date please so that we get the best out of our community as an active COUNCIL or if the council members have already been selected then i hope they will work in the best interest of the community and also i would like to see that there are always 5 or more than 5 members working for the community .
people are expecting a lot from this community so lets be nice ,all of us !!
i hope i was clear ,though english is not my native language .

Given the circumstances (spam attack and, more importantly, Gary's death just before nomination periods end - many people got other things in their head, than sending last-moment nominations...), I think extending period is sane and legit thing to do.

Ho ever, I can't disagree with Texrat - there was enough time, and honestly, *we* (interested members) just failed, because one reason or another.

Anyway, no matter of election path, I'll help as much as I can, and I won't be disappointed or demotivated. It's a pity that my skills are limited, though - I don't seem to match any important "skill group" mentioned by SD69. At least, if "is quickly adaptable/learning fast" isn't a proper skill (somehow, that's also what I've in mind, writing about "we need coders in Council, not talkers").

/Estel

// Edit

No matter of decision, please make it quickly, because if - by any chance - we're going to extend nomination period to 20th September, on 19th evening, we may be more than disappointed by outcome
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-17 at 22:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Actually, I did no such thing. I simply pointed out there had been plenty of time for people to step up. That observation does not obviate a possible extension-- which I am not opposed to given the circumstances.

It just seems like such a mess here, though. I'm discouraged...
Agree, it was my understanding too that you were just answering a question.

So guys, please, lets make it clear - either you will make this final effort (as a council members) to mail those from the council who don't participate on TMO anymore and persons nominated so far to get their opinion on extending nomination period, or you will make a decision by yourselves quickly.

Texrat, SD69, I am really sorry to put such a pressure on you, I know both of you live with the idea behind this community, FOSS as a whole and all of the Maemo, Meego and mobile Linux stuff, but I think we (as a community), developers who contribute, ordinary users, etc. , should have a council members who are enthusiastic, energetic and interested in the future of TMO, CSSU, Maemo 5 and n900. Because it seems to me that hard times are coming.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Actually, I did no such thing. I simply pointed out there had been plenty of time for people to step up. That observation does not obviate a possible extension-- which I am not opposed to given the circumstances.
Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

So guys, please, lets make it clear - either you will make this final effort (as a council members) to mail those from the council who don't participate on TMO anymore and persons nominated so far to get their opinion on extending nomination period, or you will make a decision by yourselves quickly.

Texrat, SD69, I am really sorry to put such a pressure on you, I know both of you live with the idea behind this community, FOSS as a whole and all of the Maemo, Meego and mobile Linux stuff, but I think we (as a community), developers who contribute, ordinary users, etc. , should have a council members who are enthusiastic, energetic and interested in the future of TMO, CSSU, Maemo 5 and n900. Because it seems to me that hard times are coming.
It seems to me I should not make the effort you suggest because I am involved in the election. Whether Texrat does is up to him. Maybe you make this effort yourself? Although the election is scheduled to start in 3 days and it takes time to prepare.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
So either extend the date please so that we get the best out of our community as an active COUNCIL or if the council members have already been selected then i hope they will work in the best interest of the community and also i would like to see that there are always 5 or more than 5 members working for the community .
Although I would also like to see at least 5 council members, you do not need to be on council to work for the community. It is an open community. Say what a person would do if they were on council and most things they can probably do anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
So guys, please, lets make it clear - either you will make this final effort (as a council members) to mail those from the council who don't participate on TMO anymore
The canonical, official place to discuss community matters has always been maemo-community@maemo.org.

I think we (as a community), developers who contribute, ordinary users, etc. , should have a council members who are enthusiastic, energetic and interested in the future of TMO, CSSU, Maemo 5 and n900.
Personally I think we should have council members who recognise that maemo.org is about a lot more than Maemo 5 and the N900 :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Personally, I would like to have clear, straightforward information about decision. For me, SD69 post sounds like they're not going to extend nomination period - I'm totally ok with that decision, but I would like to know for sure, that it *is* decision. thanks in advance.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: