Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
vagalume's web page says it's in the extra's repo., but it's not listed on my N900 :-/
The 'browse repo' link is 404 too.

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2009-12-14 at 22:29.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
vagalume's web page says it's in the extra's repo., but it's not listed on my N900 :-/
Me too, I had to get it from testing/dev repos.

I've got testing enabled too. But I'm not putting dev on a device I need to continue to work :-)

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
I had to refresh my repositories to get it to show up.

But I don't think vagalume will work with last.fm anymore. They say last.fm changed their terms and conditions and don't allow streaming last.fm stations to mobile devices. From vagalume's FAQ

However, in March 2009 Last.fm announced some new restrictions in their radio streaming service (see here and here), which can be summarized as:

* You need to pay to stream music from Last.fm
* You cannot use Last.fm from a mobile phone

Unfortunately these Last.fm restrictions don't allow streaming music to mobile phones, so the N900 version of Vagalume comes without the Last.fm data. You can still use Libre.fm, though.
But then, how was Mobbler working?

Last edited by vdx29; 2009-12-14 at 22:53.

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
I'm calling all developers for help. Many have asked for a Last.fm Scrobbler - to no avail. The closest thing we have is mafw-lastfm in extras-dev, but most if not all can get this working.

I'm sure they'd be a lot of support, as I know many use this. This is the only thing I regret about the N900 thus far.

If you too feel the same as I do, vote above so we can get a rough idea of how many people this would actually appeal to.

If you are a developer and may be interested in either developing a new scrobbler, or improving the current one, please post below.

Thank you all in advance.
err the mafw-lastfm is in the developer section, meaning, it sbeing developed. Why would you need a seperate scrobbler when mafw-lastfm is in the process of programming.

Perhaps you should be encouraging/helping the guy out - might get your request fulfilled soon. Incidentally have you, inputted your username/password in the app and tried manually starting the app/updating it to the latest version? Its now working well on my N900..

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Should work if you are connected to WiFI, though, as it is then a laptop, for all practical purposes. They just don't want it via 3g, or other telephony.

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
err the mafw-lastfm is in the developer section, meaning, it sbeing developed. Why would you need a seperate scrobbler when mafw-lastfm is in the process of programming.

Perhaps you should be encouraging/helping the guy out - might get your request fulfilled soon. Incidentally have you, inputted your username/password in the app and tried manually starting the app/updating it to the latest version? Its now working well on my N900..
I said either - as a potential developer may prefer creating his own from scratch. But of course it would make more sense if someone opted to help improve the current, as I said. This was supposed to be encouragement to the dev, trying to get additional programmers to help if they can.

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
I said either - as a potential developer may prefer creating his own from scratch. But of course it would make more sense if someone opted to help improve the current, as I said. This was supposed to be encouragement to the dev, trying to get additional programmers to help if they can.
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...ae86a72167216/

Its working ok actually. Have you managed to enter your username/password in mafw-lastfm? (In the settings section?) Also did you update it?

"mafw-lastfm "
Do I need to do anything apart from install the .deb (with dpkg) enter my details in settings and then start playing with the media player as normal ?

Edit: Working OK for me.

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2009-12-15 at 17:53.

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...ae86a72167216/

Its working ok actually. Have you managed to enter your username/password in mafw-lastfm? (In the settings section?) Also did you update it?
Working okayish. Keep getting some error about session. At least theres an improvement now.

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume