I am completely baffled by it.

The only thing covered by the instruction manual is how to slide the tablet into the holder. I could figure out that much on my own.

But there's also this knobbly thing that doesn't attach to the holder, and a packet of screws. At least IKEA gives you a drawing.

OK, I figured out the magic secret, which is that the little Nokia logo piece in the center of the holder part pops out, and covers up the screw head when you're done.

So, I have it assembled now, but... shouldn't it CLIP onto my dashboard somehow rather than screw on?

Clearly hardware is not my forte.

yeah.... I had the same complaint... I'm not to keen on screwing crap to my dashboard. Couldn't they have included some tape, or some velcro, or a suction cup or something? I really like that they included the mount, but really wish they'd put just a tad more thought into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dallben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by stevenf View Post
OK, I figured out the magic secret, which is that the little Nokia logo piece in the center of the holder part pops out, and covers up the screw head when you're done.

So, I have it assembled now, but... shouldn't it CLIP onto my dashboard somehow rather than screw on?

Clearly hardware is not my forte.
I'm with you man...it took me a day to figure it out and I still can't bring myself to screw it to the dashboard. I'm looking for a cupholder adapter. I tried to make one myslef but, well, I'm like you...

The Following User Says Thank You to Greyghost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
I don't have an N810, but from the photos I've seen online it appears the little adapter plate that works with the holder is likely AMPS compatible. If it is, you should be able to purchase a Pro.Fit, PanaVise, or even ProClip mount for your vehicle.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
You can pick up a replacement suction cup that is made for the Garmin GPS units if you want to mount the N810 to the windshield. It doesn't take much tweaking to make the mounts match up. The problem comes in when the sun shines (at all). It is difficult to read the display in bright light, rendering it nearly useless.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Half Moon Bay,CA
I used a PanaVise mount that I already had installed in my car for my old PDA - the holess lined up perfectly.

The cupholder won't open anymore, but that's just a detail

Please don't screw it to your dash unless you drive an '83 K-car or Pinto - that's what mounts are for.

I just bought a Arkon car mount from Amazon - pretty cheap.. and includes a Windscreen suction mount (pretty robust), an air vent mount - which I mounted in my 2nd car, and a mount for holding the N810 itself - with ruberized grips and adjustable width holder (works for many devices actually).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6290FCJZD3YB80

It all works pretty good - so much that I am not using the Nokia mount itself at all.
The Arkon satisfies my needs perfectly. The device mount iself feels better than the Nokia device mount, and the car mount section has 2 options itself - windscreen and air vent mount - and the whole setup doesnt require any screwing or hard fastening at all - so easy to remove from car to another car.

Theres a cheaper one with only the windscreen mount too (around $12).

Last edited by nilchak; 2007-12-05 at 20:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
It definitely looks like the ProFit mounts will allow the mount that came with the N810 to attach to it.

I ordered one specific for my car. We'll see how it goes.

Do NOT screw that thing directly into your dash. I'm 99% certain that's not what is intended.

Originally Posted by wisp View Post
I used a PanaVise mount that I already had installed in my car for my old PDA - the holess lined up perfectly.

The cupholder won't open anymore, but that's just a detail

Please don't screw it to your dash unless you drive an '83 K-car or Pinto - that's what mounts are for.
Careful if you drive a pinto, it might explode!! I haven't see one of those in a few years.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.