Notices

Yep, the search isn't working for me either. Also, some of the configuration screens just come up blank e.g. Misfit, and those that work won't let me change dropdown list values. If I tap them they get selection but don't present a choice of values.

Seeing the app store as a silica list instead of a web page is really something though. And the installation sequence is really solid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Ok so it seems there's certain problem in how webkit works in silica, it tries to intercept elements like popups and lists mapping them to silica-based components, and hence would require separate handling for that to work properly. Trying to figure that out but on each line WebKit scream on me it's highly experimental and I shouldn't use internals Another possible solution would to attempt using browserWindow instead of WebView - the critical part though is an ability to intercept link clicks (to catch pebblejs://close call).

Will check the search, didn't try it yet actually.
Edit: well, the search works to me, but works a bit odd. I.e. I enter apps page, type snowy in the bottom docker, hit search - and it returns me plethora of weather and health apps, but of course not snowy. Also for the search some host with strange name (algloia.io) and hardcoded api key is used. which hints me it's some third-party search engine.
Edit2: oops, sorry, fixed one of those stupid mistakes.

Last edited by ruff; 2016-03-21 at 20:59.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
The store UI is really slick! Thank you for all your hard work on this.

Exploring watch apps and faces for the first time on my PTS, really enjoying it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Ok, so after long night I realised what I ended up with is basically resembling smoku's (or javispedro's) AppConfigPage, so would probably just copy that page and underlying components from his repo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Ok, so after long night I realised what I ended up with is basically resembling smoku's (or javispedro's) AppConfigPage, so would probably just copy that page and underlying components from his repo.
Ok, I'll have a go at that then. I'll cherry pick those other two fixes while I'm at it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
I'm still contemplating on it, don't like the idea of having whole dialog for simple selection, trying to get simple floating listview instead. can PR those two though if you think they worth mainlining without delay.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
I'm still contemplating on it, don't like the idea of having whole dialog for simple selection, trying to get simple floating listview instead. can PR those two though if you think they worth mainlining without delay.
Sure, but you can't beat using something that already works. I notice the pebbled one puts the appname in the header too. That's nice.

yes, I've intentionally dropped that header thinking it's just useless screen-space consuming rudiment, usually one knows what is he configuring, and sometimes config screens are already full of various headers banners etc. so for actual controls need to scroll down.
Atm making offline cleanup of the developer page, trying to squeeze max from it. Conceptual problem there is ContentPicker which doesn't exist in public api, either need to grab it from internals or make own.
Will nail down settings in the evening once back to the sdk - either own or pebbled version.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
yes, I've intentionally dropped that header thinking it's just useless screen-space consuming rudiment, usually one knows what is he configuring, and sometimes config screens are already full of various headers banners etc. so for actual controls need to scroll down.
Atm making offline cleanup of the developer page, trying to squeeze max from it. Conceptual problem there is ContentPicker which doesn't exist in public api, either need to grab it from internals or make own.
Will nail down settings in the evening once back to the sdk - either own or pebbled version.
Sounds good to me! We'll look forward to it.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Hello,

how do I finish the recovery mode of the Pebble Time Round? The firmware-check of rockpoold announces the following:

Code:
FirmwareDownloader::checkForNewFirmware:169 - fetching firmware info: "https://pebblefw.s3.amazonaws.com/pebble/spalding/release-v3.8/latest.json" 
[D] FirmwareDownloader::checkForNewFirmware:175 - firmware info reply: "{
    "normal": {
        "friendlyVersion": "v3.10.1",
        "notes": "We've refined Health notifications, made emoji more fun, fixed bugs, and improved performance. Learn more at blog.getpebble.com.",
        "sha-256": "fbde84eed5d27abe314efb7bb7a99ca760b1adb27200ea095b3cc6be04541a44",
        "timestamp": 1457631509,
        "url": "https://pebblefw.s3.amazonaws.com/pebble/spalding/release-v3.8/pbz/Pebble-3.10.1-spalding.pbz"
    }
}
" 
[D] FirmwareDownloader::checkForNewFirmware:186 - current: "v3.2-prf5" candidate: "v3.10.1" 
[D] FirmwareDownloader::checkForNewFirmware:200 - Watch firmware is up to date 
[D] Pebble::slotUpdateAvailableChanged:687 - update available false ""
Ronny

Tags
pebble, smartwatch