Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New York City
My school uses TTLS/PAP as the wireless authorization protocol. I know OS2007 on my N800 doesn't support it. But does OS2008 support it? Anyone who has played with OS2008 please advice. Thanks!

Also, does OS2008 on N800 support bluetooth stereo headphone?

Originally Posted by zman View Post
My school uses TTLS/PAP as the wireless authorization protocol. I know OS2007 on my N800 doesn't support it. But does OS2008 support it? Anyone who has played with OS2008 please advice. Thanks!
If you mean TTL/PEAP, then yes. If not, then yes to TTLS only. At least according to the connection setup on my N810.

Originally Posted by zman View Post
Also, does OS2008 on N800 support bluetooth stereo headphone?
dunno

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New York City
No, I don't mean PEAP. In the "Connection setup: WLAN" of my n800 running on OS2007, I want the following settings:
Security method: WPA with EPA (yes, supported)
EAP type: TTLS (yes, supported)
EAP method: PAP (no, not supported)

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Same story on OS2008, sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Hi
I just bought an N810 and I am having a problem setting up wireless at my university. The university wireless requires EAP TTLS w/ PAP inner authentication. Is there anyway to get it to work with PAP? The wireless also requires Thawte Premium Server CA but the list of certificates is empty. Also, when I see the university's wireless in the list of connections, it shows up as a regular lock. I click on the lock to connect and it asks for a WEP code. I find this strange because you are suppose to log in with a user name and password, not a WEP code. I have set up wireless on many laptops without issue but I can't seem to figure out how to get PAP to work.