Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Can anyone confirm if the Nokia N810 or more importantly the 2008 update resolves issues with connecting to MSCHAP2 networks. Is it possible to enable certificates and see them in the drop down list when setting up the network.

Originally Posted by peterjb31 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Nokia N810 or more importantly the 2008 update resolves issues with connecting to MSCHAP2 networks. Is it possible to enable certificates and see them in the drop down list when setting up the network.
I'm using OS2008 beta (-18) and no. Still can't connect.

Originally Posted by peterjb31 View Post
Is it possible to enable certificates and see them in the drop down list when setting up the network.
I don't think so.

OS2008 did make connecting to my school network much more reliable. It used to work great with os2006 and os2007 but I think the school changed stuff over the summer. The network uses peap mschapv2.

I had to add this connection through connectivity settings to access the advanced settings. I enabled "manual user name" and entered my user name. I also entered the certificate manager and my school's root certificate trusted for WLAN. This may be only to eliminate a warning. The "manual user name" is required for successful connection to this network under any os.

Where did you put the certificate"?
I tried adding it in the control panel. cert. but when i go to pull down
that cert in the wifi settings it isn't there.

Originally Posted by sdrman View Post
I don't think so.

OS2008 did make connecting to my school network much more reliable. It used to work great with os2006 and os2007 but I think the school changed stuff over the summer. The network uses peap mschapv2.

I had to add this connection through connectivity settings to access the advanced settings. I enabled "manual user name" and entered my user name. I also entered the certificate manager and my school's root certificate trusted for WLAN. This may be only to eliminate a warning. The "manual user name" is required for successful connection to this network under any os.

Same here. My office uses PEAP and Class 3 Public Cert. I have it trusted but it still shows "none" on the drop down. Very frustrating.

Yea I know.. do we have to copy it anywhere specific I wonder.
CJ

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
I believe it has been filed as a bug previously, just looks like no ones got round to looking at it.

Same problem here. I can't connect to my work network because the connection manager fails to acknowledge that certificates exist in the certificate manager.

This seems to be preventing me from getting wireless access at work, or anywhere that requires a certificate!

What i needed was another cert added to the cert. control panel. I was missing one. Check with your local admin. Once I put that in It just worked.
CJ

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi,

I cant either see the certificate through the connection wizard drop-down menu. I wonder whats the issue here, my certificate is in PEM-format if it helps. And what does it mean to install a certificate to a certificate?