Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by george_seifert View Post
Yep, you're right. I'll load the other one. Thanks. BTW, is there a way to load the Extras version without disabling Extras-devel? I'm not a power-user - can you tell?

George
There might be at the command line but I don't know how. You can just disable/re-enable and lose nothing but a couple of minutes as it loads the package lists.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Just installed the latest version of dialcentral (not sure how long it's been there, just checked today) and suddenly it doesn't launch anymore.
I get the "Dialcentral Starting" message but then...nothing.
This is on an N810.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Just installed the latest version of dialcentral (not sure how long it's been there, just checked today) and suddenly it doesn't launch anymore.
I get the "Dialcentral Starting" message but then...nothing.
This is on an N810.
There is a broken package in extras-devel. Please see the following post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1404

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I sometimes can't even go 7 messages to one person before DC breaks proper display and response even after all history was previously deleted before that.

This so would not be the case before and I'm still using the same latest non-QT version.

I have to delete everything about 7 - 10 times a day at google.com/voice to keep DC running.

Do you think it has anything to do with the major bulk of junk still left in the trash?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I've never used DialCentral before. Could someone let me know what we use it for? (I'm sorry, but I don't think I could go through 135 pages of threads).

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I sometimes can't even go 7 messages to one person before DC breaks proper display and response even after all history was previously deleted before that.

This so would not be the case before and I'm still using the same latest non-QT version.

I have to delete everything about 7 - 10 times a day at google.com/voice to keep DC running.

Do you think it has anything to do with the major bulk of junk still left in the trash?
I really don't know what is going on here, this isn't something I've seen. Maybe (after you've done the work around) try the Qt version again. I think it is almost ready. Let me know if there is anything that needs changing.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I've never used DialCentral before. Could someone let me know what we use it for? (I'm sorry, but I don't think I could go through 135 pages of threads).
DC is a convenient more touch friendly way to use Google Voice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Unfortunately,
Google Voice is not available in your country

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I love DC so much that, yeah, I'll hit up your latest QT version late tonight.

Besides, I wanted Gonvert back on my tablet anyway.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I love DC so much that, yeah, I'll hit up your latest QT version late tonight.

Besides, I wanted Gonvert back on my tablet anyway.
I really like the UI changes I made for the Qt version of Gonvert.

I'm contemplating promoting the Qt version of DialCentral to Diablo's extras and Fremantle's extras-testing.

Could people please let me know of any issue on either Maemo 4.1 or Maemo 5, or any other type of feedback I'd appreciate it.

I just hope promoting DC on Maemo 4.1 doesn't end up pulling the broken PyQt packages along with it....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post: