Notices

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
Nope. I've only had it work in the standard Media Player. I've tested it in NQAAP, and it doesn't work there.
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
as for headset daemon i think it only works with default media player and panuchi
I see, but maybe we can contact the author of the deamon and ask him to support more players? Or do we ask the authors of the media apps to have a look at how the deamon works and ask them to slightly adapt their code?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Downloaded it last night. Instinctive is by far the best looking and most most intuitive application I've seen since months.

I agree it's still a bit laggy, cover art in the Database is not working, and Landscape mode is not supported, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, and I'd very much like to see more!

EDIT: It's missing its own volume slider, and the 'Instinctive Shuffle' Option chose to only play songs from 2 artists out of possible +100, despite skipping every song [which should tell the program to play less songs 'like the one I just skipped'. Well, it doesnt ] It just loops them now

Last edited by Haus3r; 2010-07-05 at 12:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Ok I downloaded it but doesn't start. Once the UI came up but crashed immediately. Anyone else having this issue?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Ok I downloaded it but doesn't start. Once the UI came up but crashed immediately. Anyone else having this issue?
I don't even get the UI up. Running from the command-line reports a whole load of version information errors with the various libav* libraries, ending with:
/opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: relocation_error: /opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: symbol __aeabi_d2lz, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference
Given that libavcodec isn't in the main extras repository, I'm not sure where it's installed from for users without -testing/-devel enabled, but presumably it's wanting a different version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
I see, but maybe we can contact the author of the deamon and ask him to support more players? Or do we ask the authors of the media apps to have a look at how the deamon works and ask them to slightly adapt their code?
I think the way headponed works is that when it detects the headphones unplugged, it sends a command to all running media players to pause, using dbus. To support other media players, the media player apps need to provide a dbus interface, then headphoned needs to be updated to send a message to that dbus interface. (I may have got the terminology wrong, but it's something like that).

In other words, it requires work by the authors of both the media player and of headphoned.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I didn't think it was possible but it has even larger gaps between tracks than the default player. Portrait is nice, but it's far too slow to be useful.

Hi! I'm one of the developers at Instinctiv. The current version is definitely a 0.9 release for us as we gauge which areas of the app need the most polish. As for the quality of shuffle, unfortunately there was a mixup at Nokia and they posted a version that's aimed our dev servers. In other words, you're getting pretty second rate data. As soon as they post the correct version you should see a significant improvement although we're still in the process of collecting data to power that service ~ PB

Originally Posted by Haus3r View Post
Downloaded it last night. Instinctive is by far the best looking and most most intuitive application I've seen since months.

I agree it's still a bit laggy, cover art in the Database is not working, and Landscape mode is not supported, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, and I'd very much like to see more!

EDIT: It's missing its own volume slider, and the 'Instinctive Shuffle' Option chose to only play songs from 2 artists out of possible +100, despite skipping every song [which should tell the program to play less songs 'like the one I just skipped'. Well, it doesnt ] It just loops them now
----
Sorry, guys. There was a mixup and the wrong version of the app got posted We'll have this fixed for you as soon as Nokia puts up the right version.

Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
Wrong. It didn't start working. You just screenshotted another part of the program I have album art in the "now playing view", but none in the list of albums.
----
Hi. I'm one of the developers at Instinctiv. Could you give me a sense of how many songs you have on your device and whether or not the app continue to hog the CPU after the first few minutes of use? Thanks! Hopefully we can get this issue taken care of quickly! ~ PB
----
Yikes! I'm one of the developers at Instinctiv. If you're up for it, I'd love to do some live troubleshoot with you so we can get to the bottom of this bug. If you have skype or aim, email me your screen name and a good time to reach you (as well your timezone) at peter @† instinctiv dot com. ~ PB

Last edited by xomm; 2010-07-07 at 15:39. Reason: Edit previous posts instead of multi-posting, please.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
brilliant piece of software, lovely UI and it works.....bring on more apps as good as this.

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Hi Peter! Nice to meet you!
Your app is really a nice one... I will attach some screenshots to see the bugs are we confronting right now.
I understand that this is not the final version. Also I don't have any clue about your upcoming ones.
What I would like to see:
1. The bugs in the pictures fixed...
2. Abbility to play songs by choosing folders.
3. Equallizer if posible.
4. Landscape mode, maybe automated rotation.

I olso suggests to make a link on your site to allow the users to download the latest version from there.
Two questions:
1. There is another possibility to share with us 0.9 version, maybe to post it here?
2. Do you think that my requests will be implemented? Punctualy please!

Thank you!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
Hi
many thanks for this great appz
only 1 wish
add the support for the bh-505 commands to skip easily to next song

Last edited by clovis86; 2010-07-05 at 21:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post: