Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What news do you expect? Something like that? Or I am missing something.
I was talking about this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2671

For me this issue still remains...

Last edited by xes; 2012-02-06 at 09:13.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by xes View Post
I was talking about this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2671

For me this issue still remains...
Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that. A few days ago I sent a new patch to Pali, not sure it will resolve your issue, you have to test it (once new .debs are available)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Does anyone beside me have trouble with the cifs functionality that is built into kernel-power?

In theory it is ideal for browsing NAS drives and video streaming via tv-out, but it is very erratic.
Browsing directories can go fast at some times, and take forever the next. Same story with video streaming, smooth the one moment, stuttering the next. Very frustrating!

I have tried both NFS and Samba, and a few different wifi networks as well. I use wizard-mounter, but mounting by hand leads to the same result as far as I know.

Edit: setting wifi powersaving to intermediate worked, thanks guys!

Last edited by maartenmk; 2012-02-07 at 21:02.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
The reason seems to be that $vsel and $rate still contain entries for the 700MHz setting since it's one value more than the files they are written to contain:

So it seems like my profile is not the only file I have to edit to remove the 700MHz setting. Can somebody please tell me where else I have to look for it?
Did you ever use kernel-config to save that profile? If so, there may be a copy of it in /home/user/.kernel which it will take before the system one. If you run kernel-config without options it tells you:

Code:
default search path: .,/home/user/.kernel,/usr/share/kernel-power-settings/

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Did you ever use kernel-config to save that profile?
I think so. It's too long ago to be sure.

If so, there may be a copy of it in /home/user/.kernel which it will take before the system one.
In /home/user/.kernel there is only my custom profile, nothing else.

If you run kernel-config without options it tells you:

Code:
default search path: .,/home/user/.kernel,/usr/share/kernel-power-settings/
/usr/share/kernel-power-settings contains the default profiles:
boot default ideal lv starving ulv xlv

As I described in my last post I don't think anymore that the 700MHz setting is the problem, but the 125MHz setting is, because the values in $vsel and $rate in the kernel-config script seem to correspond to something between 0 and 250MHz.

Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
Does anyone beside me have trouble with the cifs functionality that is built into kernel-power?

In theory it is ideal for browsing NAS drives and video streaming via tv-out, but it is very erratic.
Browsing directories can go fast at some times, and take forever the next. Same story with video streaming, smooth the one moment, stuttering the next. Very frustrating!

I have tried both NFS and Samba, and a few different wifi networks as well. I use wizard-mounter, but mounting by hand leads to the same result as far as I know.
I was having same problem, solved by turning off wifi powersaving. (The minimum powesaving setting helped almost as well and it's easier on the battery)

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Seems to be AP related, no CIFS as it, though (powersaving).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Do you remember me, guys? I am the one who ****d up his power kernel some days ago, resulting in heavy battery drain ^^

As i told you before, i've reflashed the device, 4 days ago. I followed your suggestion without installing anything related to system tweaking and stuff like that.

Btw, i have a new, unexpected trouble. I'm experiencing a lot of stuttering while playing a video, recording from camera and browsing the web too.

Obviously I don't know why I reflashed the device, applied the power kernel, edited the pmconfig file (as explained by freemangordon) to have smartreflex enabled and 805 MHz as max clock speed. Nothing more. Then I've insalled some app, like sygic mobile, open media player, pyradio, battery eye, FreOffice, kMplayer and more, but all app are not related to system tweaking / performance optimize or sh*t like this.

I found some weird in dmesg output (attached to this post), stuff like "[ 36.539703] procwrap_detach: deprecated dspbridge ioctl" and "[ 53.204895] Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods"

Can you help me to solve this (new) problem?

d!
Attached Files
File Type: txt powertop.txt (3.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: txt dmesg.txt (16.7 KB, 87 views)

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Do you remember me, guys? I am the one who ****d up his power kernel some days ago, resulting in heavy battery drain ^^

As i told you before, i've reflashed the device, 4 days ago. I followed your suggestion without installing anything related to system tweaking and stuff like that.

Btw, i have a new, unexpected trouble. I'm experiencing a lot of stuttering while playing a video, recording from camera and browsing the web too.

Obviously I don't know why I reflashed the device, applied the power kernel, edited the pmconfig file (as explained by freemangordon) to have smartreflex enabled and 805 MHz as max clock speed. Nothing more. Then I've insalled some app, like sygic mobile, open media player, pyradio, battery eye, FreOffice, kMplayer and more, but all app are not related to system tweaking / performance optimize or sh*t like this.

I found some weird in dmesg output (attached to this post), stuff like "[ 36.539703] procwrap_detach: deprecated dspbridge ioctl" and "[ 53.204895] Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods"

Can you help me to solve this (new) problem?

d!
Those messages are normal, ignore them.

Can you post the output of "kernel-config show" command?

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Today HAM showed an update for kernel power settings. what was that for? no information on this thread.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou