Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
This is amazing love watching X-Men in 720 great work i know i just push the " thanks " option but this is a must lol.

now i can play a lot more videos in my new hd-tv.

if you somehow manage to make your work around 3d movies i'd to try it. Lol

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Originally Posted by tokafondo View Post
So I'm starting to think that maybe my very own N900 doesn't allow this.

I'm sorry for not to provide exact information about versions or dates of files used, but think of always the latest.

So my question is that: can this have anything to do with the hardware?

Thanks and keep the good job.
I think that You rather do something work during installation and/*or* tweaking it afterwards. First of all, "it doesn't work" isn't enough. You need to check for kernel messages - execute 'dmesg' from terminal as root, *after* You try to record 720p video, and post it here. Remember, that dmesg isn't real-time updated, it is "snapshot" of messages up to point of dmesg execution.

In case of errors indicating, that voltage is too low for Your MPU and overclocked DSP combo, try disabling vdd1 and vdd2 (I hope You're using latest power kernel - kp49 - cause trying to get 720p without it would be time waste). Also, get sure that You're using 'dsp' overclock profile for 'debugging', not Your custom one - it makes things easier for analysis.

If that doesn't help, please provide us more details.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Please, can anyone post the list of gstreamer related packages and especially the plugins that are per default installed on N900 PR 1.3? I have an idea why video playback/recording is borked... and want to filter out additional installed plugins.

Also, can someone with working 720p recording post the contents of the '/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver' file?

I sense that dmesg output of "dspbridge_init: 600000 bytes @ 80e00000" is not right.

Changelog:

kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power49) fremantle; urgency=low
* DSS video memory is increased from 6 to 8 megabytes, allowing DSS scaler to rescale HD videos (including 1280x720)
--> is this related?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-01-03 at 10:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Why is that?

For now you can't play any 720p on TV-out, the maximum supported resolution (I repeat "for now") is something near 1024x960 (or similar)
A friend sent me a video from his iphone 4, and i can't read it.
I don't know the resolution of the iphone videos.

I can read some videos in tv-out taken with the new resolutions.
Maybe it's 4:3dvd.

I don't know if it's psychologic, but i feel like the vids play better now, with no lag, or dropped frames...

sorry for my lo-fi english, and thanks for your great work.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Please, can anyone post the list of gstreamer related packages and especially the plugins that are per default installed on N900 PR 1.3? I have an idea why video playback/recording is borked... and want to filter out additional installed plugins.

Also, can someone with working 720p recording post the contents of the '/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver' file?

I sense that dmesg output of "dspbridge_init: 600000 bytes @ 80e00000" is not right.

--> is this related?
That is fine, there are several memories involved:

dspbridge_init: 600000 bytes is phys_mempool_size, and the value is correct

the value in '/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver' for phys_mempool_base should be 0 (use default value) and for shm_size should be 0x500000 if set up at all.

Anyway, what is your problem? You cannot play videos or what? What error message / dmesg log do you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
A friend sent me a video from his iphone 4, and i can't read it.
I don't know the resolution of the iphone videos.

I can read some videos in tv-out taken with the new resolutions.
Maybe it's 4:3dvd.

I don't know if it's psychologic, but i feel like the vids play better now, with no lag, or dropped frames...

sorry for my lo-fi english, and thanks for your great work.
Well, please, give us some details on what does "i can't read it" mean. Any error messages, dmesg logs, anything. which player do you use. Just give some useful info, none given till now.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
dspbridge_init: 600000 bytes is phys_mempool_size, and the value is correct
Ok.

the value in '/etc/modprobe.d/bridgedriver' for phys_mempool_base should be 0 (use default value) and for shm_size should be 0x500000 if set up at all.
Ok. 'shm_size' isn't set in my bridgedriver (but i know it's set in the Harmattan baseimage-package).

Anyway, what is your problem? You cannot play videos or what? What error message / dmesg log do you have.
Still the same as mentioned in my PM to you:

no video play ("unsupported format"), for example, the boot video playing shows only a green full-frame screen.

No recording (timer runs, but frozen live image during recording, and camera-ui hangs). For f*cks sake i cannot find the reason for it.

DSP overclocking can't be the reason because i never had this issue before, it was rock-stable.

All i know is: i can make any alteration from the guide:
- deinstallation of gstreamer-openmax
- updated libgstdsp.so
- HD-enabled camera-ui2 ("cssu7")
- both HD-enabled libgdigicam files
- kp49
and video recording / playback fully works.

But the moment i exchange the standard DSP codes ('baselibraries') with the one from Harmattan ('baselibriaries + 'hd-codecs'), recording and playback is broken. The "funny" thing is that dmesg shows nothing besides ONE occurrence of "procwrap_detach: deprecated dspbridge ioctl"

i want to avoid a reflash, because that a) would be like squashing a snail with an hammer and b) doesn't guarantee that it works afterwards.

All the logs that i had are in this thread and also commented in my PM to you. Reply to your single-line suggestion: yes, of course i removed gstreamer-openmax. Because it fully worked before. With before, i meant before the last CSSU testing update in December.

_Only_ differences to the previously working setup are:

- newer CSSU testing version
- After my reflash, i tried to directly "upgrade" the OMAP DSP packages using Harmattan's OMAP3 libraries, so to say i changed the names from "omap3-" to "omap3430-". This is what i assume ****'d up my installation, because their dependencies couldn't be met (glibc, omxil and all). Nevertheless, to clean this up, i reinstalled all dependencies of Maemo's OMAP DSP libraries.

EDIT:

"node_create: failed to loa create code: 0x80008008"

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-01-03 at 23:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Why is that?

For now you can't play any 720p on TV-out, the maximum supported resolution (I repeat "for now") is something near 1024x960 (or similar)
I tried 1024*576, that also won't play over tv-out, at least not on my PAL tv. I tried scaling using the tv-out widget, that didn't help.

I also installed the latest .deb files, they work, but I still have the impression video recording is less smooth than before.

Edit: I reverted to the original KP49, and that did not change anything in the smoothness, so I suppose I was wrong; the latest files do not make video recording less smooth.

Last edited by maartenmk; 2012-01-04 at 18:42.

Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post
Freemangordon again, thanks for your work.

THeres something new about the recording bitrate? thanks
hell my answer as set in the latest posts then changed to the next page... Im willing to see if this have any kind of improvement.

Jpeg 100% and Higher bitrates for Zero pixelation, i think its the goal.

Your answer:

STOP SPAMMING!

and read whole thread.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player