Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I dearly love what's going on with Canola, but something that I've noticed is that when I start Canola a couple of times, my battery gets knocked down a peg or two.

I suspect it is because I have two 8GB SDHC cards and I have Canola configured to search all directories for media content every time I bring up the application?

I suppose it would be more prudent to only have Canola search on manual initiation after I have added content?

Another item I noticed recently after running the Youtube plug-in is that after watching about 5 videos I got an error message popup saying that I had run out of device memory.

On exit, I used DISKUSAGE and File Manager and checked. I had plenty of device memory! Does Canola generate a lot of cached information in a particular place (i.e. it doesn't look for more memory other than the directory is has programmed in it for its cache)?

The Following User Says Thank You to rdcinhou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
I dearly love what's going on with Canola, but something that I've noticed is that when I start Canola a couple of times, my battery gets knocked down a peg or two.

I suspect it is because I have two 8GB SDHC cards and I have Canola configured to search all directories for media content every time I bring up the application?

I suppose it would be more prudent to only have Canola search on manual initiation after I have added content?

Another item I noticed recently after running the Youtube plug-in is that after watching about 5 videos I got an error message popup saying that I had run out of device memory.

On exit, I used DISKUSAGE and File Manager and checked. I had plenty of device memory! Does Canola generate a lot of cached information in a particular place (i.e. it doesn't look for more memory other than the directory is has programmed in it for its cache)?
Hi RD,

Yes indeed unfortunately this version is saving the videos on the internal memory (not the card) thus it will pop up the not enough memory quite fast. We are rushing to add the options " choose the downloads folder" to it (and podcast that will solve the problem). It was my mistake that the youtube was not implemented like podcast that searches for free space first.

About your startup problem, it's strange, because of course it's a cpu-heavy operation, but it shouldn't eat that much battery. Maybe it's a bug on the reading because of the too high cpu for a long time. We will take a look.
Of course, if you set the individual folders, you will have a faster scan, and faster startup.

Cheers,

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org