Hi all...

Just to keep everyone informed, I found a workable solution to providing BT DUN from my 8525 (ATT Default WM6 ROM).

If you don't mind spending $34.00, the PDANET product from http://www.junefabrics.com/ works great.

My N810 immediately recognized the BT DUN capability in the phone (you will need to re-pair to get it to recognize the new capability), and about 30 seconds after installation finished, I was connected.

I tried a few other products (including USBMODEM, which didn't work at all for me), and this is the first one that actually worked. This product also doesn't seem to have the connection drop-off problems that people are seeing with other similar products.

Until Maemo decides to include BT PAN, this looks like a great option.

As always, YMMV... This worked well for me.

Jamie

The Following User Says Thank You to jcpole For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I use PDA Net with my Mogul and it works great, much better then the hacks I've tried.

question for you guys...I use USB modem..If I dont use it for awhile, it disconnects. Have you left PDA NET running for awhile and does it stay connected?
Basically, how is the connection reliability?

The Following User Says Thank You to jazzbass12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Warsaw, Poland
Just a quick proposition for all PocketPC owners with WM6 and Nokia Tablet: you can put back the Dial-Up Bluetooth profile for the time being (until BT PAN support will be ready) using this hack (for free - why we should pay for the feature, that was just deleted by M$):
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I can confirm that jakubd's link above to the DUN hack works. I have n810 and a Treo 750 with WM6 paired and working fine. Reboot your phone after the hack and you may need to pair your tablet with your phone again.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Warsaw, Poland
However you have to read this through - there are some problems with this hack. After each use of DUN, you need to restart phone module to be able to use Internet access on the device again. This is the fun of using hacks

What's the correct config to get this to work? I'm running OS2008. I have a vzw Motorola Q with PDANet installed. Here are my settings:

I paired the phone and N800
The phone is listed as a trusted device on the N800
Restarted phone after pairing

Cellular Provider: Verizon Wireless (via the wizard)

connection type: GPRS
Dial-up Number: #777 (this field is required)
User Name: <my cell number>@vzw3g.com (also tried leaving this blank)
Password: vzw (also tried leaving this blank)

PdaNet 1.80
Enable Bluetooth DUN: Checked

When I try to connect, I get "connection failed...".

IM having the same problem with my HTC Kaiser phone. I ve paired the n810 with my phone but i still cant connect to the web. I have unlimited pda plan with at&t
any suggestions?

I can browse files on my phone using the N800 via bluetooth. I can use surf the web on my laptop via pdanet and bluetooth. This sucks...

Originally Posted by mulder View Post
I can browse files on my phone using the N800 via bluetooth. I can use surf the web on my laptop via pdanet and bluetooth. This sucks...
Did you enable DUN? and properly configure the connection on the N800?