Active Topics

Notices

Yeah, I downloaded Dates, and installed it. When I did, it told me that the install failed -- it didn't; it installed okay. Strange. I put some dates in there, seemed clean and usable, although it is not very configurable. I wonder if there is some way to edit calendars, like to have one for work and one for home. Maybe not.

Also, there is no way to repeat events, and there are no alarms.

Easy to use though. Try it!

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Yeah, I especially like the "zoom to change views" feature. I hope the people working on it incorporate the abillity to import/sync Google Calendar and repeat events and alarms. It's a very clean interface. Some minor additional features could very well make this a great app.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Well ... since this is a 0.1 release, youcan probaby expect them to flesh out the features. I really like what I see so far though. It would be nice if there was a project roadmap.

I am liking this Dates app. I like the super-simple interface. Only one thing would make it better - Outlook synchronization. If I had the file format for this application, I could write an Outlook file sync for it. I already wrote an XML file exporter for the Outlook data, so it is simply a matter of modifying it to be the underlying file for the Dates application. Then I could just extract the data from Outlook into a folder somewhere, and sync the file right in. Easy.

So I ask you - does anybody know the file format for the Dates application?

It would be enough if it accepted iCal (.ICS) files. There are good outlook-to-ics exporters around...