Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Could you change the colours of the square buttons that indicate new messages?

And by "change" I mean: Make them more distinctive from each other.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
After using ITT forum for a few days after this design change, I mush say that I don't like bright text on dark background at all. My eyes hurt reading it. Will there be any way to make colors at least configurable?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Maybe we need a "negative" style

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Serge View Post
After using ITT forum for a few days after this design change, I must say that I don't like bright text on dark background at all. My eyes hurt reading it. Will there be any way to make colors at least configurable?
I feel exactly the same Serge, my initial enthusiasm for the new layout colour scheme is waning precisely because its quickly tiring on the eyes. (With or without my reading glasses)

Especially dislike the emotive icons, (And user avatars) where they have white borders etc...

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-01-10 at 22:52.

I think we are a majority in this. Also, the demise of the PDA skin makes it very painful to browse ITT from the tablet on a slow cellular link.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Nottingham UK
The site looks nice, but for reading I prefer the style we used to have here.

The colour is better on the eyes, and I like the poster information to the side rather than accross the posts making the flow of reading less easy.

As far as I am aware vBulletin will let you have multiple skins installed and allow the user to select. So how about the old skin being included as well please? Or even the default vBulletin skin would be fine.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by uczmeg View Post
As far as I am aware vBulletin will let you have multiple skins installed and allow the user to select. So how about the old skin being included as well please?
I totally second that, should be the best option available

There are now three forum skins you can choose from:

Dark - the default theme
Classic - the blue and white classic theme
Mobile - mobile optimized theme

You can select the theme at the bottom left of any forum page.

Thanks.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Nottingham UK
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
There are now three forum skins you can choose from:

Dark - the default theme
Classic - the blue and white classic theme
Mobile - mobile optimized theme

You can select the theme at the bottom left of any forum page.

Thanks.
That is great. Thank you!

I have some problems when using the 'New posts' function. As others have mentioned, there's the colour problem. With the new skins (I haven't tried yet), I guess that's fixed. The other problem (which was there in the past too I guess) is that if I get, say, 3 pages of new posts, then if I take a brake before I'm finished it will all have gone away when I finally click on page 3 (or even 2). It would be easier if I could simply get all threads with new postings in one, long page which I could read off and on without risking losing stuff just because of a coffee break.