Notices

This is wonderful, but Abiword does not see any files on my mmc1 on my n800.

Last edited by midwinter; 2008-07-13 at 03:41.

Abiword is working very nicely with a BT keyboard on the N800. The pop-up keyboard bug will be good when it's fixed. Printing files from the tablet, and saving new files in MS doc and/or rtf format would be great. It's one of the things that keeps me from abandoning my Palm TX.

In terms of bugs, there are various minor text formatting problems in the pop-up menu boxes. I'll try to list more fully when I have more time.

Insert date/time grabs the right date, but the time is 6 hrs off on my n800.

OK, it's on my list to put defoma on diablo - thanks for the feedback.

Midwinter - what do you mean by doesn't see any files? Can't open from the file, open, or doesn't have it associated? (The association thing I know about, that's a packaging issue.) If you can't open from the file menu, what file types? This would be a good bug to report - make sure to mark component as Front End - Maemo. Also, did you have your time zone set? (I always forget to set the time zone, but it's from inside the clock program.) If you do, then file a bug for this one too. (How weird for something like that to be different on maemo platform.)

Thanks all for the feedback! Keep it coming!
AbiWord on Maemo beta now available - contact me to help fix bugs!

Oh, right almost forgot.

Size: Yep, the AbiWord package has a few dependencies, so the 3.7 on my screenshot is just the abiword package, the total size (difference between before and after) includes a bunch of deps. (Not as many as Canola, though, don't worry - I think I only uploaded 5 others, most of which are negligibly small. )

qole: ah, thanks for double-checking those bugs. If you test any of the others, feel free to add a comment to the bugs to note there, so that if someone comes to fix the bug they have a good record of it. This goes for everybody, too - don't be afraid to file bugs or comment on ones that are already filed (I'll read them there too - get all those in my email - plus a few other friendly devs. None of us bite unless you ask us to. )

I'll fix defoma for those diablo users in about 14-16 hours or so. Hopefully I can figure out where the one in chinook came from and just upload the source to the builder in diablo without modifying it.

When I click file>open> and then choose my external SD card, NOTHING shows up in the box. No folders. no files. No .docs, no .rtfs. Nothing. If I copy files from that card to the internal card, they show up and open just fine.

Installed yesterday evening on an N800, I can write using the fullscreen keyboard with no apparent problems, but I had no luck in opening 2 different .doc files: one was all blank, the other all question marks.
It crashes if you load more than one session (document) at the time, but I think everything is going in the right direction.
Perfect interface with just some minor glitches, I'll check the bug list and verify if there are problems other than the ones listed.
Thanks to all the people who are putting their effort onto this program

On N810-Diablo:

Opened MS Word 2003 (.doc) file perfectly.

However MS Office 2007 Word (.docx) displays just short row of question marks.

midwinter and justnick: go ahead and file those - those would be bugs then.

Alpha4: Yep, docx support is in a plugin, that will come soon. (see note about ODF and OOXML aka DOCX in the initial post) It works on the desktop, just need to package it for Maemo.

Thank's for the good work.

I'm still testing it on my n800.

Tags
abiword, office