Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
No problem with e-mail notifications on my Jolla C.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
No problem with e-mail notifications on my Jolla C.

Thanks, that is useful.

Just to clarify, mine is MfE against Exchange server 14.1

Is yours or someone else similar?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Thanks, that is useful.

Just to clarify, mine is MfE against Exchange server 14.1

Is yours ... similar?
Nope, I have only standard (manually configured) IMAP accounts.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[...]
I have run "version --verify", several packages are not in the right version:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ version --verify
[...]
One ore more packages are not at the expected version for Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 (Mouhijoki)
(+ = expected version, - = installed version)
I have tried reinstalling them, [...]
IMHO the "+" / "-" output of version --verify is a bit irritating, but you seem to have these packages installed in newer versions than available in Jolla's repositories for SFOS 2.2.0.29!
So your subsequent results are IMO somewhat expected.

As no packages seem to be missing and everything is running fine, I wouldn't put much effort into investigating why.

Last edited by olf; 2018-07-11 at 10:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Saturn, no problem with email notifications on my Jolla 1 either. Including Exchange emails. Sorry, no idea what Exchange server but I seriously doubt that matters anyway.

There is one annoying thing with email notifications though, but I believe it is "as designed". Just one of many bad design ddecisions. Say you are half between automatic email checks (or in an off-peak period for Exchange emails) and you have new emails waiting that the phone does not know about yet. You select an account (i.e. not in the global view with all the accounts, where such a thing might be forgiven) and do a manual update. The new emails appear on the list (good) and you get a notification (bad). Why on earth do I need a notification? Audible notifications are for telling me that something has happened, check the screen. But here, I am looking right the at it. Annoying.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
IMHO the + / - output of version --verify is a bit irritating, but you seem to have these packages installed in newer versions than available in Jolla's repositories for SFOS 2.2.0.29!
So your subsequent results are IMO somewhat expected.

As no packages seem to be missing and everything is running fine, I wouldn't put much effort into investigating why.
Right.
Probably some other (mer?) repo active during upgrade???

I would try:
pkcon refresh
pkcon install --allow-reinstall --allow-downgrade sailfish-content-*

--side note
as already asked: does anyone know what these droid-vibrator packages are? at least I am not the only one

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Just updated, and enabled fingerprint unlock. I noticed an inconsistency: if you have it set to lock after a timeout (I set mine to 10 minutes), before that timeout fingerprint unlock doesn't work, while after that, swipe unlock doesn't work, so you have to guess at how long it's had the screen locked to know which way to try unlocking it. It would be nice if fingerprint worked to unlock even if the pin code hasn't kicked in yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Right.
Probably some other (mer?) repo active during upgrade???

I would try:
pkcon refresh
pkcon install --allow-reinstall --allow-downgrade sailfish-content-*

--side note
as already asked: does anyone know what these droid-vibrator packages are? at least I am not the only one
Thanks. I tried the command you recommended but it returns the following:

Code:
nemo@Sailfish ~]$ pkcon install --allow-reinstall --allow-downgrade sailfish-content-*
Resolving                                      [                      ] (0%)  Package not found: sailfish-content-*
Command failed: This tool could not find any available package: No packages were found
This is weird because "pkcon search sailfish-content" does fin packages. I have tried with removing the "*" in the command, but same issue. Does pkcon install need exact package names one by one?

As a side note, "pkcon refresh" needed to be run as root, which kind of surprised me. I always thought pkcon didn't need root permissions in the past, did it change? Same thing happens with "ssu ur":

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ssu ur
WARNING: ssu.ini does not seem to be writable. Setting values might not work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Ok, just noticed a huge problem with this release on Xperia X: bluetooth speakers no longer work. They connect, however audio still comes out of the phone speakers for Sailfish apps, and doesn't come out at all for Android apps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Ok, just noticed a huge problem with this release on Xperia X: bluetooth speakers no longer work. They connect, however audio still comes out of the phone speakers for Sailfish apps, and doesn't come out at all for Android apps.
to fix the bluetooth issue temporally ,go to bluetooth settings then disconnect/connect the device that you try use it

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-07-13 at 04:35.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post: