Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
no sports for me this moth.
Voting for

Imaginaryenemy - 808

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks, mosen, for compiling the entries, even though it was about two hours before my deadline It was completely arbitrary so please do not feel bound by it.

I will try to "do a juiceme" and write up a brief opinion on each entry.

Tomislav - iphone
A great first entry, perfectly matching the topic. The sense of movement is absolutely palpable. Nice dramatic colours, with the storm clouds looming at the background. Or is it just the HDR playing tricks? Not so keen on the fuzzy middle section. Is it a haze or just a dirty lens?

Pichlo - n900
As mentioned in my post, the quality could be better. Still, the movement is clear and the level of detail is not as bad as I was expecting due to the very poor light conditions. Juiceme will no doubt complain about a "small size". As I said numerous times, blame the TMO picture uploader.

Saponga - zenfone 2
Nice photo in its own right. I like panorama pictures. I am a bit less convinced how well it fits the topic. Yes, I can see the carabine but I am still not 100% convinced.

Imaginaryenemy - 808
I see you have taken the easy way out and merely hinted on the sports theme by taking a picture of some sporting equipment. Nothing wrong with the picture itself. Lovely colours and the level of detail is astonishing. But you would expect that with the camera you used. I would give it a second place because of no movement.

Rm250j - nexus 4
Another easy way out with no actual sport involved. Like the previous one, the picture still fits the loose description of the theme but I must say I did feel cheated to some extent. A completely irrational feeling. I like the drama in the picture and the unspoken question it poses. Is the canoe resting after a race or is it just waking up and getting ready for one? The sand patches on the hull suggest the former: it looks like it has just recently been taken out of the water. I would give this entry a third place.

Catbus - n9 ?
If it were up to me, I would disqualify this entry, despite your feeble and transparent attempt to make it fit the topic with your comment. But I will leave it to others to be their own judges. Otherwise the picture itself is perfectly fine and would do well as a generic stock photo for some editorial about the weather or environment.

Macros -808
Back to the sports theme again. The first thing that stroke me was the colours. A very nice richness of them. The second thing that stroke me was, "what the **** is going on in this picture?" I had to enlarge it to see. But once I did, the result was worth it. I find the trees in the foreground a bit distracting. The picture worked for me the best when zoomed in and cropped, with only hints of the trees visible in the top two corners.

And finally, my verdict.

My vote goes to... tomislav!

Despite the smudged centre, the picture IMO represents the topic the best, with nice colours, level of detail and some added drama in the form of the gathering clouds.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I want to vote for Pichlo because:

- That's one of the 2 pics that actually shows people doing sports;

- tomislav's picture is great, but it's from an i-prefix-device... (sorry)

- Pichlo's has his famous daughter!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
My vote goes to Saponga

Originally Posted by pichlo
The second thing that stroke me was, "what the **** is going on in this picture?"
Fully understandable, but I have to admit, I often have this feeling too when watching sports.
I could have cropped it further to the area between the trees, but two things kept me from it.
First I love how much is going on at this moment, some of it would be lost and second: The Bananas!

Bonus picture which shows the surroundings. Even more is happening there,
but the angle seems so odd that I preferred the one I handed in.

Last edited by Macros; 2017-06-29 at 16:24. Reason: Bonus picture linked correctly

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I must admit, I loved the bananas in your picture. But I would still have sacrificed them for a better composition.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I vote #2. Pichlo

(... and Yes. My camera is still N9, forgot to mention and i also think that my picture should disqualify.)

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Saponga has my vote!

Just to remind those of you that seem to be unsure of what the theme was, I'll post it again here

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
OK... Here is another wide theme. You can capture images of the actual sport been played but also the places, fields, tracks, apparatus, equipamemt etc. I' have to confess that i'd like to see pictures of unusual sport activities but that is is up to you.
Emphasis mine.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
So ok

My picture was very "of unusual sport activities". But hey... I live here between nothing... Try to understand... Thanks

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks, mosen, for compiling the entries,...
Thank you for doing a juiceme style read, but the laurels for compiling the entries belong to saponga himself

Btw, applaus for how the competiton went kind of self sustaining by every winner managing the follow up competition. If it only could work out like this in (even) more relevant fields in life

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Voting for ImaginaryEnemy. Pichlo and Rm250j are close, though (wish more people were moving in the ice rink, half of them are standing? and camera on the canoe is a bit distracting, and where are the oars?). And I am lately fascinated with grass, so...

My (late for competition) photo: Who dare challenge the Ping Pong Wizard? Choose your weapon
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition