Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
S40 have encryption enabled, but not forced for all users.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
S40 devices are a minority and will be phased out soon at some point. Meanwhile WA is changing the API, partially to make that period shorter.

Do not get me wrong, I do really appreciate the work from CepiPerez and coderus.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
S40 devices are a minority and will be phased out soon at some point. Meanwhile WA is changing the API, partially to make that period shorter.

Do not get me wrong, I do really appreciate the work from CepiPerez and coderus.
You are understimating the number of S40 devices out there, even in 2015

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Another possible problem is: will registration work also for former Mitakuuluu users (which used the android protocol)? I recently had to pay the annual 0.89€ fee after my first free year, and I don't know how Whatsapp will react to my trying to register with the old (and subscription-free) symbian protocol. I don't know if Cepi can know this either. We just have to wait and see, I suppose... I won't be the guinea pig, that's for sure

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Another possible problem is: will registration work also for former Mitakuuluu users (which used the android protocol)? I recently had to pay the annual 0.89€ fee after my first free year, and I don't know how Whatsapp will react to my trying to register with the old (and subscription-free) symbian protocol. I don't know if Cepi can know this either. We just have to wait and see, I suppose... I won't be the guinea pig, that's for sure
If you have an unlimited use of Whatsapp account, it will stay that way.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
If you have an unlimited use of Whatsapp account, it will stay that way.
I don't have an unlimited use of whatsapp. That is what I think may cause problems... since from a paying users I'd be trying to become a free-unlimited one. But we can just speculate at this point.

can you share with us the rpm package?
i understand it is on alpha stage but we can do some bug report ...

The Following User Says Thank You to deiv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
as far as i understand, your "payment-method" is not tied to a device or system, it uses the method, you registered your number for the first time.

for example, one who used the "one-time-pay-method" on iPhone when he registered first time does not change to the "yearly-pay-method", when he switches to android.

i used an old Symbian device when my screen was broken and used whatsapp on it whithout problems, this did not change my "payment-method"

Is there a whatsapp daemon running besides the gui frontend that receives the incoming messages ?

I mean do i have to keep whatsapp gui started or in background to get whatsapp notifications?

That would be an very important thing to not have an app running - only perhaps a daemon process.

Would be nice to hear how that piece of the archtecture is or will be realized.

Hello,

I'd like to test the alpha if it's possible.
Can you provide me the package?

The Following User Says Thank You to mdosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup