Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I just want to report that the latest fMMS is working perfectly for me now. I have it set in "Havoc" mode. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Heureka!

Finally found the fix for fMMS not receiving /notifying/showing received MMS.
Hey peterleinchen,
Have you seen bug 12733?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12733

The reporter attached a patch which makes the same change as your fix plus more. Maybe you could check it out if you get time?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have recently changed operators, on my previous mobile service and the current one I have always gotten the same error on sending MMS, thought I did just receive sucessfully my first MMS, it was a vcard. I have images set to small and I couldn't even forward that vcard which is a tiny file, FWIW I have gone through the wiki several times over the last few years as well as several other hits across the web for this error.
error below for any MMS send:
Code:
Operation failed
MMSC: 200_OK
Body: {}
I can quickly load the mmsc address with my microb browser to a blank page and the MMS internet connection connects properly, what setting am I missing?
(edit)
I tore apart the messages in and out in /home/user/.fmms and noticed you can send a bit of text...
I tried adding a bit of text message and Presto! it works.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-07-09 at 13:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Ilew View Post
Hey peterleinchen,
Have you seen bug 12733?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12733
No, I have not seen it. Thanks for pointing me.
This bug report was made later than my fix was posted here. And it was only assigned to frals, even I am now also maintainer?

The reporter attached a patch which makes the same change as your fix plus more. Maybe you could check it out if you get time?
The patch looks good. But I need to check details and for sure going to contact the author (anyone knows his tmo account?).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Where is the best place to post bug reports? Here or the Maemo bug tracker?

Basically, I don't send many MMSes, but the last couple I've sent have consistently refused to attach images. They're in the sent MMS on my N900, but the recipient isn't getting them. These have been since I upgraded fMMS recently, if that affects anything.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Nothing has been changed regarding sending. Just a little patch when receiving MMS in protocol version 1.1.
So: first step to check would be /tmp/fmms.log (without rebooting after sending).

About best place I do not know, I am also maintainer of fmms (even I am just beginner, as no one else did) but I won't get any notifications.
So probably bugs.maemo.org AND note here?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
peterleinchen, I got a faulty mms from Nokia Lumia (I wrote a few posts earlier about something wrong with encoding - I see "<smil>..." garbage after mms textual content), which file should I send to you for debugging? ~/.fmms/mms/.../message ?

Nokia Lumia? no support

Looks like we are mixing threads now a bit. Already said to send over that. So yes.

But I got one message from a BB device this weekend. And it looks like those smil information is just xml packed info how to display the MMS (ya know like show pic full screen for 5 seconds and then the text). It does not look like frals coded such thing, so the xml.file just holds the information. This is no bug, as my message was decoded correctly (so yours seem to be).

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-07-14 at 20:22.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Nokia Lumia? no support

Looks like we are mixing threads now a bit. Already said to send over that. So yes.

But I got one message from a BB device this weekend. And it looks like those smil information is just xml packed info how to display the MMS (ya know like show pic full screen for 5 seconds and then the text). It does not look like frals coded such thing, so the xml.file just holds the information. This is no bug, as my message was decoded correctly (so yours seem to be).
Sorry for mixing up threads... Either way, I suppose this one is better, as the other one is about being unable to receive MMSes at all. PM sent. Yeah, I know it looks like an xml definition of slideshow... But some phones (like those smartass Lumias) send only this type of MMSes. Maybe it should be handled somehow? I don't know, maybe just ignore this xml stuff? :P (the text portion of the message is displayed in front of it anyway, and xml can be viewed by "Save attachments" menu option if someone really wants to view it).

About best place I do not know, I am also maintainer of fmms (even I am just beginner, as no one else did) but I won't get any notifications.
So probably bugs.maemo.org AND note here?
You need to add yourself to CC list on bugtracker for every manually, it seems that automatic including of maintainers no longer works (surprise, surprise...). Alternatively, everyone posting a bug, or even comment about a bug, can manually specify your mail as additional CC.

No more details, as bugs.maemo.org no longer works for me, in any browser, due to some certificate issues (the kind of issue that doesn't allow to click "FU, I want to go there anyway") - I haven't had time to investigate it (neither I'm sure that every user brute-forcing entry is a way to go for BMO).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python