Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
@swordfish ok I see it was the statemant from mikegioia which was let me think about uk t-mobile.
I see in older post from you that you explain your problem in detail sorry for ignoring that.
It seems you have a strange problem and it is clear that some provider changed something.
Could you determine diffrences between a working raw mms compared to a raw one from N900.

- How big are the messages you try to send? Maybe the size limit is different between t-mobile and other provider and it could be when you use another phone for sending that it has a compression?

Originally Posted by mikegioia View Post
I can confirm Swordfish II's comment, as of February 24 I can no longer download MMS messages.

My hunch is that T-Mobile killed support for this, shut the machines down, or just have a server error that no one has noticed or fixed.

I have tried all sizes with fmms. Would be happy to grab raw headers if you know a way to do it

I think am not the only one with this fMMS settings problem:
from wiki (https://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations) my settings should be are:
Saunalahti GPRS mms.saunalahti.fi leave blank leave blank Yes 62.142.4.197 8080 http://mms.saunalahti.fi:8002

Connection type is GPRS, not packet data. How I setup it. It seems that fAPN makes only packet data connection? Can I hack it with terminal commands?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I have not been able to recieve MMS for a few days now, tried many settings etc.

Anybody else having problems?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I have not been able to recieve MMS for a few days now, tried many settings etc.

Anybody else having problems?
I've received a few broadcast texts from iPhone users that come through as MMS that fMMs has received, albeit slowly, but not actual media-attached messages. I'll see if I can test this now and update.

I just sent myself an MMS picture from my Google Voice account to my N900 and it came through okay.

Last edited by robthebold; 2015-12-17 at 16:19. Reason: updated results

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I just sent myself an MMS picture from my Google Voice account to my N900 and it came through okay.
Nice gesture. But you should have used the same network as dr_frost_dk.
As I assume his provider has changed something in the way of delivering/forwarding.

Have you tried to send yourself a message? What happens?
Which version are you using (latest from devel?)?
Are you aware of this one?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Nice gesture. But you should have used the same network as dr_frost_dk.
As I assume his provider has changed something in the way of delivering/forwarding.
Given his location and handle, it's not likely that dr_frost_dk is using the same network as me, I'll agree, but not impossible. Perhaps he's visiting friends or relatives in the US for the month and stopped by a WalMart* to get a cheap prepaid SIM with international calling included on the same MVNO as me. But until we know for sure, the network operator in question only exists in a probabilistic state, like Schrödinger's cat and my Jolla tablet.

Of course, you're almost certainly correct about it being a carrier-specific problem, not some sudden global issue or code-rot problem.

So let us know, dr_frost_dk, what happens if/when you can get that info out of your carrier and how it turns out.

*This is the new-style WalMart signage, with the asterisk at the end perhaps pointing to a footnote reading: "Target is cleaner and almost as cheap".

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Will look into the fix.

The recent behavior in fmms have been that i press on the new incoming mms and it says it has failed, BUT it has downloaded the new mms, this can be confirmed by looking into /home/user/.fmms/mms where their will be a new folder containing the picture and text as a text message in a txt document.

EDIT: i have version 1.3.5 and the line in mms_pdu.py reads
0x19 : ('Retrieve-Status', 'ShortInteger'), #peterleinchen

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2015-12-19 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
This might be.
As I remember similar behaviour with another user here. Possibly mentioned in the fix thread.
But it was only one (or a few) MMS and other still worked. Iirc it has been cut down to be ones sent from Lumia devices (but that could have been others too).
What happened was different from my problem:
the MMS was notified and downloaded correctly. Also parsing happened correctly. But the entering into the database is missing.
Why and how? No clue, else I would have tried to fix.
And I did not get the needed/asked (private) data to analyze deeper. [which will be at least latest failing MMS, according complete folder under /home/user/.fmms/mms and the file mms.db].
The name of subfolder is also the key value inside the db.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

i can still recieve and send mms, but i have gotten a mms a few days ago that just wont download, but else it is working, i have gotten use to going into the mms folder to manuel open picture and text.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python