Notices

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
I download the avi file and would like to rename it as "Hands-v32-h264.avi" to make things easier. I don't want to boot different avis!

If I download maemo_flyby_xvid_lame_r3.avi, and rename it to Hands-v32-h264.avi. Do my device boot at play the new clip? If yes, where is Hands-v32-h264.avi located?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hastings, East Sussex, UK
Yes it will play the new clip, however i would make a backup of the original before modding anything, it is located in /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media

The Following User Says Thank You to sklbadee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Do you know how to move maemo_flyby_xvid_lame_r3.avi from .document folder to /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media folder?

And please do you know how to rename files under xterm?

Thanks,

I am a windoze user so installed ssh client and server on my N900 and then used Winscp via wifi router to acess files etc.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
could any nice soul add Hands-v32-h264.avi in this thread? guess what i just did my back up didnt go as planned

/usr/share/hildon-welcome/media

I have a copy PM me your email addy and i can send it to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to sklbadee For This Useful Post:
Here is the original Hands-v32-h264.avi video.
Download HERE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sklbadee View Post
Yes it will play the new clip, however i would make a backup of the original before modding anything, it is located in /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media
Cool. it works now

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
This is entirely cool -- the dark video is truly gorgeous on the N900

So - out of curiosity - am I correct in thinking that simply leaving the /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media folder empty would result in no video played and faster boot times, or would it be necessary to edit the .conf file as well? Is there a way to simply comment-out the file name in that file if that's so?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
...Is there a way to simply comment-out the file name in that file if that's so?
Put a "#" at the very beginning of the statement "filename=...."
for the file
/etc/hildon-welcome.d/default.conf

bun

Tags
boot video, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, startup video, video, yd config