Notices

Talking about keyboard, I have got an Italian one and I discovered that the special chars like è ò à, located near the two arrows in the bottom right corner near the enter and backspace keys, do not work at all in the keyboard remap settings.

Is it normal?

btw Great work on the emu!!! Zaxxon runs very smoothly as well as pooyan, rocnrope and many others.

Last edited by mariovirgili; 2010-01-20 at 19:39.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Probably aren't given values in the mapping file. I plan on adding the same hack to sdlmame that i did to PrBoom and UQM. It switches everybody to Qwerty while in the program so we can all have the same keyboard layout. The only downside i see to doing it with mame is that there is a bit of typing for the ROM loader UI, but there are plenty of ways to work around it.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Probably aren't given values in the mapping file. I plan on adding the same hack to sdlmame that i did to PrBoom and UQM. It switches everybody to Qwerty while in the program so we can all have the same keyboard layout. The only downside i see to doing it with mame is that there is a bit of typing for the ROM loader UI, but there are plenty of ways to work around it.
the added benefit to be able to use those keys would be bigger than any other downsides...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Flandry rocks!

So does anyone know how to config frameskipping in VGBA?
________
VAPORIZORS

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:15.

Flandry, could you let me (us) know how that "random game" entry functions? Should we just press ENTER"?

I'd really like to know because I just figured out a very nice way to get a highly user-customizable set of ROMS onto the N900.

I suggest users of SDLMAME check out RomLister. You can get it here
http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/

and I also strongly suggest following the tutorial here
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/RL_tutorials

Of importance is that you get your INI files from the tutorial page, NOT from the links that the RomLister program suggests in its GUI (just trust me on this one...).

The short of it is, RomLister lets you filter out hundreds (thousands!) of ROMS and zero in on the ones you like most - then you can create a BAT file that will copy the ROMS from your MAME folder to any other location, for EASY copying to the N900 - this is a SUPER feature.

Trust me on this, I have been doing ROM management for a long time, and this is the easiest and most productive way I have encountered (after I ironed the bugs out for myself, of course).

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:
Adapting also SDLMESS would open several Emulators for gaming consoles and computer platforms

Multi Emulator Super System
Official site
Official wiki
SDLMAME/SDLMESS on a framebuffer device

Pardon me if that info was redundant, yet the ability to strive through different ages of console gaming on N900 appeals much

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
How about iPhone emulator? ^^ Lots of useful/useless apps & games there...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I was thinking, if anyone could brief me on how is the progress going on these emulators?

Dreamcast
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Sega Genesis

I'd be willing to donate a few bucks if it would help the developement.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
for me up/down/left/righ would be ideal for:

I=UP
J=LEFT
K=DOWN
L=RIGHT

why use the arrows when they are so far to the right?

E,R,T,
D,F,G

could all be used for A,B, Y,X, R,L or whatever the button is called.

For me this would be the best layout. Cant wait until we can re-assign keys in our emulators

"press a character on your keypad to assign A button"