Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fullauto View Post
But, why the MSM8930AA isn't in the official snapdragon 400 series list ?
You'd be surprised how many processor variants aren't in the official marketing lists.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
You'd be surprised how many processor variants aren't in the official marketing lists.
And why you convinced that it's the MSM8930AA in the Jolla, why not MSM8930? Is there any evidence anywhere?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fullauto View Post
And why you convinced that it's the MSM8930AA in the Jolla, why not MSM8930? Is there any evidence anywhere?
Because I helped select it..? :P

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
I haven't cancelled order.. was close to do it though

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Because I helped select it..? :P
Thanks for the "evidence" ~

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
No cancelling.
I am not in a hurry to swap my almost perfect 808 for a Jolla at this stage, so I can wait a couple of months.
2nd I purchased the 100 Euro to support not to demotivate Jolla later by cancelling orders well within reasonable terms of delivery.

I am sure I can receive the Jolla and resell easily to other people that like to have a hands-on try before they decide.
So I feel I will be helping Jolla be compensating for the lack of field presence and at the end -thanks to the setback distribution system by Jolla- it will cost me close to nothing compared to previous curiosity purchases of WebOS to name one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Not cancelling, but I do agree with OP on many of his points. By this time they should at minium be little bit more honest about their difficulties, especially to those who have already paid for their phone.

If they are over their head with dealing shipping logistics, then tell that to the people waiting for their phones. Instead spamming 'you will be notified by email' messages. I can still give them some slack for being so small, but I'm tired of uncertainty littered on top with messages that lack any real information content. Its making them sound like a soulless corporate bot, instead of a sympathetic small startup. Oh and for sake of the non-existing god, they should remove LTE from the specsheet until they can actually provide it. Or say that theres zero LTE functionaility for the foreseeable future. At least in any nordic country anyone could easily make complaint to the consumer ombudsman office about dishonest marketing. And win the case with comfortable ease.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Not cancelling, but I do agree with OP on many of his points. By this time they should at minium be little bit more honest about their difficulties, especially to those who have already paid for their phone.
What difficulties? They said 3-4 weeks, so far they have no difficulties. Does amazon.com tell you about their difficulties when you are in day 2 of the 7-10 days wait?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
The announcements of imminent general availability in stores in Finland is annoying.

To me it feels like they have my money and so now no longer care.

Unliked.

[QUOTE=jaark;1394417]The announcements of imminent general availability in stores in Finland is annoying.

Seems it just good marketing from Jolla : Finland is European, so they already send pre-order to European (Finland) before stores will get it - also in Finland Europe. Its looks like from they side all ok, but no honest for other European customers who preordered and hear now only "soon" or totall silent. Already they announced start selling in Portugal from December. So it taste "Unlike" for sure. Ithink if they will not be able to deliver 4 weeks after payment they could be sued to law and give compensation.