Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
Jolla can do a guerrilla marketing..infiltrating competitors..Cyanogen showed the way...

"The smartest strategy in war is the one that allows you to achieve your objectives without having to fight." --Sun Tzu

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rogatti For This Useful Post:
Jolla are gathering feedback on what networks and operators users prefer (frequencies and so on).

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-09-24 at 04:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Phonearena states that it has 4G even if wiki says its not has. So Qualcom MAY customize those chips. Don't always trusts wikis(or even phonearena for that matter)

Reminds me that stkeeps said something in a twitter post about why qVGA when people cried about it. I got the feeling they choosed qVGA cause of the GFX was that resolution (yet another reason I beleive in "older" SoC).
I didn't say my information come from anywhere.
1stly, cause I know these website (such as Wikipedia / phonearena and so on) always make mistakes. I don't trust them ever.My infor, some come from official, some come from my knowledge and think.

The MSM8930 running at 1.4GHz clock speed isn't customize, is what it is.take a look at this reply. And if you understand chinese, you'll see more useful infor:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=94

Jolla said (in SailfishOS website, I c't remember the detail) Sailfish OS support all display resolution if hardware support.

So I think that Jolla Phone use the qHD(not qVGA) display just because the SoC only support qHD display.

Think over these information above, I dream for MSM8930 in Jolla Phone.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Phonearena states that it has 4G even if wiki says its not has. So Qualcom MAY customize those chips. Don't always trusts wikis(or even phonearena for that matter)
im currently using MSM8255 (scorpion) based phone, Xperia pro. nope it doesn't have 4G at all. and i doubt QUalcomm will entertain small startup company to do chip customization

Originally Posted by fullauto View Post
So I think that Jolla Phone use the qHD(not qVGA) display just because the SoC only support qHD display.
i doubt there is a SoC in production today that cannot support higher resolutions than qHD.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
i doubt there is a SoC in production today that cannot support higher resolutions than qHD.
MSM8930's frist release was a SoC in Snapdragon S4 Plus series (end of 2012),which clock speed is blocked in 1.2GHz.

In that time, Qualcomm has an official doc showing that SoC only support qHD.

Name:  ?? 002.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  16.6 KB

Here you can see: http://www.qualcomm.cn/sites/default...specs_9-12.pdf

after Snapdragon 2013 new series announced,
Qualcomm upgrade it‘s clock speed level to 1.4GHz and 1.7GHz(this speed level is my opinion ).

Here, I just don't think that upgrading the clock speed level will get a SoC to support better display resolution.

With a better version MSM8930AB (support HD display),Qualcomm put them all in to the Snapdragon 400 series.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
i guess, you need to learn the difference between qHD and QHD.

interesting cheers.

makes the 305 seem quite gutless.

the 225 was quite happy with WXGA, seems to have traded features for performance.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I'd like to see people here claiming that :
- dual-core ARM processor @ 1.3 GHz;
- 1GB of RAM;
- 4.0" screen;
- 1570 mAh battery;
- 8 MPixels camera;
is a low-end smartphone specification...

Of course, if it is from Jolla, the above configuration is "low-end" (following some dumbest comments here), but if it is from ..., it is the greatest smartphone in the Universe.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I'd like to see people here claiming that :
- dual-core ARM processor @ 1.3 GHz;
- 1GB of RAM;
- 4.0" screen;
- 1570 mAh battery;
- 8 MPixels camera;
is a low-end smartphone specification...

Of course, if it is from Jolla, the above configuration is "low-end" (following some dumbest comments here), but if it is from ..., it is the greatest smartphone in the Universe.
Well, you clearly can't compare this. It's absolutly apparent no one sane in his/her mind would put $649* on the counter for a phone phone with those specs and 16Gb of non-expandable storage...

*resp. €699

Last edited by Oblomow; 2013-09-24 at 17:09.