Posts: 39 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ New York, USA
I do not believe in ghosts but somehow my N770 turns on itself randomly even when closed within the cover. I sometimes open it to use it and its already turned on with half dead battery. One night I heard the Nokia boot music and I kind of freaked out

I have a 1 gig card and have boot from MMC hack.
Anyone willing to take on the N770 ghosts ? Where are the ghost busters when you need em !?

It's not the N770, it's the house you're in.
Set fire to it immediately and never return.

Mine also does this. I don't care though.

Check to see if you have anything "scheduled" and didn't know about it.
It might be waking it up from sleep/suspend mode.
I'm sure if you turn it completely off - as in "shut it down" - then it's not going to reboot back up on you automagically.
Oh, and call a priest.

i turn it off.. complete shutdown.. and no schedule tasks either :s

I tried putting some holy water on it.. now it does'nt turn on at all =) so problem fixed i guess.. yippiieeee !!

Hey bluezz...
I have the same prob...
Often heard the battery empty tune... that's not cool...
has anyone a solution without the water hack )

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

I have similar problem when I first installed MM (and it does not work, I reinstall, uninstall etc). However, since then I have made the MM worked and installed more apps, and also i goto the Offline mode when close the cover(power button to the right), it has never happened again. Not quite sure which one solved the problems, correctly installed the apps or going into Offline mode when close.

bun

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I think 2006OS does NOT do that, I do not recall as I have not log out from 2006OS for quite awhile. I use 2007He2007 mostly nowaday, I do have to give up video for doing that. And only video, all else worked much better under 2007He2007, include gnumeric,MMapper/googlemap,calender,opera. I still cannot import contacts from outlook...........2007He2007 is definitely more stable then 2007He2006 and opera much better behaved too.

bun

I have OS2006 and it still happens
bunanson I will try to go offline mode and then shut it down.. cant afford to install all apps again.. too many of em !!

Last edited by bluezz; 2007-09-08 at 23:24.