I'm hoping that if Nokia get wind of this poll, they might remember that they are easily capable of making ground-breaking milestone devices like the N900 which are well regarded by their users, and that Meamo is a fantastic OS.

They just need to grow a pair when facing the media, learn to blow their own trumpet (with positive effect) more often, and show their progeny a bit more love and understanding instead of locking them away in the cellar like some guilty family secret.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
there isn't any device so easy to use and serve me as well as the N900 at the moment. If N900 has multi touch then i would never lay my eyes on anything else. Seriously this damn N900 made me betrayed my computers. I no long required to turn on my PCs just to browse and surf the net anymore. This is the greatest!

Name a device that have better web browse than the N900. Name a device that is more open and hackable out of the box like the N900. Name a device that has as many bugs as the N900 lol. Nothing like this beast!

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-09-27 at 11:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
But the Galaxy is better at technical merit, market share and vendor support / performance. As are many of the phones on the poll.

So a load of people voting for the poorest performer out of the two is not helping. I would have thought the better use of the poll would be to let N900 come last. EVERYONE on here voting for another phone to send a clearer message, afterall Nokia don't listen to us and to be associated with the crappest phone is more problematic to Nokia that coming as an 'also ran' in a poll. (then again a lot of their phones are teh crappest phones ever on various polls, depending on what the poll is, so what is the point of polls?)
Better to be stand out from the crowd for something, the message is therefore clearer and of course bad publicity works far more than good publicity if you have a message to carry across.

I voted for samsung but I spent all weekend using my HTC tytn2 as a phone because of the crap N900 not holding charge, resetting every time I pulled out the battery and losing the sim card. So I voted based on my experience of the N900.
Why would you keep pulling out the batteries and the sim card? My simcard has been in my N900 since I received it on November 26th of last year. I did take out the battery once, sometime in April of this year.

Please elaborate.

I´m pissed off at Nokia for a lot of things about the device, but I still like it in many other ways.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-09-27 at 11:04.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
if you turned the device off via power button properly then it will not rest every time you pulled out the battery.

Do you want me to record it and prove you wrong? You Twig!

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
But the Galaxy is better at technical merit, market share and vendor support / performance. As are many of the phones on the poll.

So a load of people voting for the poorest performer out of the two is not helping. I would have thought the better use of the poll would be to let N900 come last. EVERYONE on here voting for another phone to send a clearer message, afterall Nokia don't listen to us and to be associated with the crappest phone is more problematic to Nokia that coming as an 'also ran' in a poll. (then again a lot of their phones are teh crappest phones ever on various polls, depending on what the poll is, so what is the point of polls?)
Better to be stand out from the crowd for something, the message is therefore clearer and of course bad publicity works far more than good publicity if you have a message to carry across.

I voted for samsung but I spent all weekend using my HTC tytn2 as a phone because of the crap N900 not holding charge, resetting every time I pulled out the battery and losing the sim card. So I voted based on my experience of the N900.
you voted for the samsung? take it this means you are selling your n900 for the samsung then?

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Gaaah! Traitorrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Traitorer is a TRAITOR????!!!!????

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Ladies and gentlemen, it's only 814 votes (as of my vote). Still a long way to go... How bout getting together and giving the competition a run for their money? After we win, let's link the poll to bloody nokia and let them know wat they've cut ties to?

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:

haven't we learned enough from Apple yet? it doesn't matter if the phone has the best support, better technical specs, more market share etc. people will buy it for their own reasons (branding? lifestyle? show off? to be elitist? loyalty? etc). the poll simply exemplifies these points.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Voted!

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, it's only 814 votes (as of my vote). Still a long way to go... How bout getting together and giving the competition a run for their money? After we win, let's link the poll to bloody nokia and let them know wat they've cut ties to?
Where did you get the vote count?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.