Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Yes, i used pen's spring and the glue is that one... Some kind of "liquid epoxi polimercaptanas"
Thanks again!
I'll give a try

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Sorry my lazyness
Here you go !
Hi saponga. Thanks for posting the picture. I did exactly what your picture shows, but unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me. I just have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind. After attaching the spring pieces to the modules, did you then replace the shielding as well? Are the springs there to make a connection to the shielding or is this purely to apply pressure to the GSM modules? Forgive me, I am just trying to understand what I am aiming to do to try and get my N900 working again. This is my third N900 with exactly the same problem. Two were replaced under warranty but now I am on my own, so anymore information or ideas you have would be most welcome (or anyone for that matter) Thanks for your time.

yes, you need to replace the shield properly. Actually, the shield will be a
bit deformed since the spring should put some pressure on it. The rationale of this aproach is put some mechanical pressure on the GSM modulles. Sorry hear that it don't work for you. It took almost 2 months since i got mine fixed and still working like my father in low's first phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
yes, you need to replace the shield properly. Actually, the shield will be a
bit deformed since the spring should put some pressure on it. The rationale of this aproach is put some mechanical pressure on the GSM modulles. Sorry hear that it don't work for you. It took almost 2 months since i got mine fixed and still working like my father in low's first phone.
Yeah, the shield actually clipped back on nicely and as you say, there is a bit of a bump where the springs are touching it. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for your help and replies. Glad you got yours working. Cheers.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I tried the several methods of applying pressure to the sim and checked the screws on the back, but nothing works. If this is not fixed soon, I may have to get a new phone.

I used another sim card between the battery and sim holder, and after a few hours, seems to be working fine.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Has anybody tried to reflow the solder on the motherboard?
In thoery could be done in a domestic oven like some people have done laptop motherboards and graphics cards.

http://www.computerrepairtips.net/ho...p-motherboard/

Obviously a last resort, but maybe worth a try for the brave.
The main issue is protecting/removing the plastic parts which would melt.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2013-02-22 at 22:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
hi iam fiji and there are no companies who can help to resolve this problem.... just want to know if this problem is repairable and if it is software issue or hardware issue...... have tried many things but nothing helps.......

I was still having an issue with mine, and checked out the sim holder. The card was loose, which explains why adding another card under the battery helped, but the battery case is not meant for that pressure. I bent the metal holder down towards the motherboard to put pressure on the sim. So far, it is holding up to being knocked around. This is a super simple fix, so give it a try.

Mine has no telephony functions anymore. All the tricks have failed. Time to buy another; at least there are new ones available via ebay for around $150. I am going to pick one up and use it til Jolla comes out with theirs. There is just nothing out there that I want to spend $500+ on right now.

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony