Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
You can flash on win7, i have that OS and i've flashed a bunch of times (32bit mind, i'm now on 64 bit and haven't yet tried flashing)

Anyway, flashing is as simple as downloading the program and running it. Takes less than 5 minutes. Download the stuff, rename the OS image to 'os.bin' and the emmc to 'emmc.bin' and then use cmd on windows to direct it to the file location, and it does it by itself. This is the best time to learn, when you actually need to do it. If you don't do it now, why on earth would you ever learn in the future?

Flashing is more than just installing the software, it completely wipes the entire device.

Anyway if you don't want to do it, i guess uninstall the custom kernel from the menu (NOT the app manager!) and then try NSU. Is it safe? Sure, the worst that'll happen is you **** it up and need to flash it, which you need to do anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
You can flash on win7, i have that OS and i've flashed a bunch of times (32bit mind, i'm now on 64 bit and haven't yet tried flashing)

Anyway, flashing is as simple as downloading the program and running it. Takes less than 5 minutes. Download the stuff, rename the OS image to 'os.bin' and the emmc to 'emmc.bin' and then use cmd on windows to direct it to the file location, and it does it by itself. This is the best time to learn, when you actually need to do it. If you don't do it now, why on earth would you ever learn in the future?

Flashing is more than just installing the software, it completely wipes the entire device.

Anyway if you don't want to do it, i guess uninstall the custom kernel from the menu (NOT the app manager!) and then try NSU. Is it safe? Sure, the worst that'll happen is you **** it up and need to flash it, which you need to do anyway.
I'm 64bit tho? and i don't know anyone who uses xp or has a 32bit os?? Anyhoo, its all a bit long winded just to get the dam thing back to it factory state Love it hate it? Hate it love it?? I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!! Love it

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Whats the next best thing instead of a reflash?
Do it for free in a Nokia Care Center ?

Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
Do it for free in a Nokia Care Center ?
I know, i've done it before but they had my phone for 3 weeks man??

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Im on 64bit Windows 7 too..I downloaded Microsoft XP Mode from the microsoft site and reflash my phone without a problem..

Works flawlessly every time i screw up bigtime...

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, just shoot me