Notices

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
Hi Saturn,
you were right about hotmail. Tried with outgoing smtp.live.com port 587 but with no luck. With gmail it worked. BUT: I tried sending email with picture and I received email but with no picture, the space that should shwo picture is grey. How to fix that?
best regards and thanks in advance.
And ofcourse Happy New Year!

if you play with that GREY picture in photo shop and put some brightness and contrast it will show the image

also try to test it in sunlight it will work.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks for info. It's quite strange, cause if I use camera-ui (from CSSU) in front-camera mode, resulting picture is ok. Same apply for Smartcam using front camera to transmit video over network, to my desktop (allowing to use N900 front and back camera as... well, camera, for both Linux and windows applications like VoIP or goddamned Skype).

Photo took in exact same conditions using SMSCON are gray/green/addict dream or, most of the time, just plain unusable. So, it seems that somehow it's related to method (command?) of taking picture. Maybe reverse-engineering camera-ui Open source version code (related to capturing photos in font camera mode) can bring solution?

If no, I'm out of ideas - unfortunately, as I'm pretty sure it is *not* hardware limitation. The front camera isn't producing good quality pictures, and can be quit terrible in non-optimal lighting conditions, but it is not *that* bad.

/Estel
Nicolai has spend time on this too. In camera-ui the front camera works only in video mode. Also on all the other cases you mention it is video that works, never pictures.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
have not changed settings for a loong time. now I remebered that my gmail password has changed. I do not recall my password for editor. Any way to find out

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of SMSCON Editor 0.9.11-1 in extras-devel

Changes:
  • NEW: first version of a Log Reader window:
    * will show the last 500 lines.
    * will show the non-anonymized output.
  • CHANGE: Main window (minor) restructure.

Tip: you can copy and paste here from the log reader using the shift+arrow keys and then ctrl+c/v.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
have not changed settings for a loong time. now I remebered that my gmail password has changed. I do not recall my password for editor. Any way to find out
Purge the installation of the editor and reinstall.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
do not know I understand what you mean by purge. remove and something else?

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
do not know I understand what you mean by purge. remove and something else?
Code:
apt-get purge smscon smscon-editor
apt-get install smscon smscon-editor
If You got any errors while purge'ing (i.e apt not able to delete some config files), post them here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-03 at 09:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
HI, I have been keeping an eye on this "Great Thread" for a few days (since this new update session) i have not updated my SMSCon as yet (cause there was some bugs reported in this thread after the updates) but now i think i can update it (sorry i did not participate in testing the stuffs cause i am a noob)

can anyone confirm for me if the latest SMScon is working flawlessly?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

yes

ten chars
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Happy new year to all.

Problem with the camera is that it needs to "warm up" a few seconds. The frames delivered until warmed up are almost garbage. Unfortunately the frame attached to the picture email is one of (if not even The) first fames. I worked on that already but didn't solved it yet. Have to learn more gstreamer programming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: