Notices

I didn't have the problem together with Black Plastic theme, strange.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by must4get View Post
This works great. I could add more than one instance on same desktop and be creative.

I have more samples here.

Thanks for the app review.

I suggest that you only add one instance per desktop. This makes the rotation effect synchronized. Two instances will not do as well.

Also, regarding the animation speed: (a) it gets faster after some rotations and (b) it is a limitation of cairo (render speed) and hildon+gtk (timer accuracy). Any programing hints are very welcome.

Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
OK, first of all sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. However, it seems as if the theme is causing this behaviour, as you suspected.

I uninstalled, changed theme and reinstalled (according to instructions) and all widgets remained. Furthermore, the widget doesn't jump desktops when entering the settings.

If you need any help with further testing, just let me know!
OK, I installed the black plastic theme and after more than an hour of testing I didn't manage to crash hildon-home

Can you tell me the exact options that you have for the plastic theme? I'm trying to reproduce the whole effect. Also, telling me which widgets you have enabled on your desktops could also help.

Again, thanks a lot!

Hello everyone,

Because of the problem aanckar mentioned, I'd really like to an answer from everyone who tested DrLaunch to this question:

Did you see desktop widgets disappearing after installing DrLaunch?

Please answer both if yes or no and only if you tested the latest version (0.7-3). I know that version 0.7-1 had this problem and I'm aware of problems of older version.

As I said already I don't have problems with 0.7-3 and I am using the Black Plastic Theme.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Yes for me.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Happened for me too, all widgets vanished after installation of this great app.... Even after placing them all back, all that was required to remove them all again without warning was a reboot.

Black Plastic theme, custom desktops, custom icons, Driod Sans font, custom transitions, custom mce.ini, enahnced kernel clocked at 1Ghz. If any of that bears any relevance at all....

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by v13
Can you tell me the exact options that you have for the plastic theme? I'm trying to reproduce the whole effect. Also, telling me which widgets you have enabled on your desktops could also help.
When the crash occured i had installed (latest versions in extras-testing):
Plastic Theme Pack (ver 2.3)
Plastic Theme Addon Pack 1 (ver 1.5)
Plastic Theme Addon Pack 2 (ver 1.2)

The settings were all the default ones (with Pleego theme).

The widgets I had on my desktops were:
app search widget
battery
bluezwitch
calendar home widget
connectnow
gps data logger
personal dataplan monitor
simple fm-transmitter widget
touchsearch

I am currently myself trying out a few different scenarios and will attempt to reproduce the crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
My findings:

I uninstalled plastic theme and drlaunch, re-installed plastic theme and rebooted. After this I reinstalled drlaunch and hildon-home crashed.

However I attempted to do this again and repeated the process. This time around, though, no crash.

I really don't get it. Perhaps I'll have time for some more tests later.

The Following User Says Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Great app and works just as told, thanks. I like the fact that I can use just as many widgets of this as I want, so that I can still use other widgets on the same desktop.

If I may I'd though have a suggestion for future versions; support to rotate and add other widgets to the fields. I though think that this won't happen, since every widget can be in different size/etc?