Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
In many cases shutdowns are related to high peak in power consumption and high impedance between the battery and the phone.
Exactly. One of the problems in the HW design is the battery contact point which is very small due to the shape of a single sharp pin pressing against a flat battery contact. Usually better (and more expensive) contact geometry would be a multileafed flatter contact element with enough surface pressure.

But anyways, this is one of the downsides of having a removable battery... And I do remember people really wanted that feature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Bruxelles
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
well, maybe there are different HW-versions / batteries, i can only talk about my device: it's absolutely software related:

when i turn off mobile internet, i have no reboots at all. when i turn it on in areas with weak network i have like 50 reboots / hour.

how can this be HW related?
I had the same problem like you, and i send it back to Jolla for repair. He change only battery , and now i don't have shutdown/reboot anymore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b.cloanta For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I also think it is some kind of HW + SW combination that triggers the reboots. And I really doubt that these will be ever fixed. Unfortunately Jolla seems to have many HW quality issues.
Even if its a hardware issue, it can indeed be mitigated by software.
Allthough, adding more monitoring for these kind of issues may bring up other issues....

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Hm ok, i'll give this "paper trick" one more try... i tried it once and it had no effect. I'll try it with more paper now

this is annoying, when swapping batteries, but if it really fixes reboots, it's worth it...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I also think it is some kind of HW + SW combination that triggers the reboots. And I really doubt that these will be ever fixed. Unfortunately Jolla seems to have many HW quality issues.
For me the battery and its connectors are the bad guy. Nothing that a good piece of paper can't fix.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Where is the update? One week away?

Any word of proper copy and paste?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
[QUOTE=Leinad;
this is annoying, when swapping batteries, but if it really fixes reboots, it's worth it...[/QUOTE]

You have more then one battery?
Where did You bought it?

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
You have more then one battery?
Where did You bought it?
the screen of my first device broke, so i ordered a second one, because sending it in for screen repair was not much cheaper than a new one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Even if its a hardware issue, it can indeed be mitigated by software.
Allthough, adding more monitoring for these kind of issues may bring up other issues....
I think you are correct. There is some software that is making this battery hardware issue less forgiving and make the system restart.

I resetted my Jolla when 1.0.7 came out. I was using the white OH until 3 days ago. I never had a reboot issue since I resetted. As soon as I installed The First One ambience, it started the reboot issue. It was really unusable. I put the white one back and it continued to do that. I removed the first one ambiance but did not solve it. But I added my paper patch and it stopped.

It is possible that it was just in a good position before I inserted the first one OH, but it is unlikely because I did not take the battery out.

I also have the issue of network error noise after an incoming call ring ends without picking up, that is so annoying. After resetting this did not happen until I enabled some default Ambience, I don't remember which one. I removed all ambience, but that noise does not go away.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Dave999 for browser the only new feature is creating bookmarks on Launcher. No updates for text selection

(i will update browser nightly soon after mitakuuluu update, stay tuned)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: