Notices

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
And the important thing is to enable both DHT and UDP since even though the torrent itself uses TCP, the distributed hash table system uses UDP between the clients.
It was that DHT thing! Before your post I didn't know at what is DHT, so it was impossible to know what was wrong. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
I feel my self stupid, still 0 bytes.
Transmission says to those trackers: No response
If wait long time, they come very short time: OK(200).
And then switching next tracker to back: No response.
I use Transmission with default settings and I can download another torrents.
Transmission works over here. Downloading from 1 peer, 256kBit/s reluctant bandwidth assignment , a time of writing no upload.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Transmission works over here. Downloading from 1 peer, 256kBit/s reluctant bandwidth assignment , a time of writing no upload.
You are welcome

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Transmission works, but have to be version that support DHT. I first used computer that has processor from Motorola and operating system that Transmission supported only up to 1.54. And DHT support comes in version 2. So I had to use another OS in that computer to run Transmission 2.22.

Seeding Complete! Says Transmission. Loaded the torrent again, finished soon after.
Now what to do with that,... maybe write on Blu Ray Disk, deposit in a atomic nuclear war virus proof cave, or simple dig it in in the garden in glass box?
Leave a letter in granite tablet with Hammurabi code written disclaimer, "dear Alien Historian / Geologist if you by your billions of years more advanced technology succeed in reconstructing BD tech, please keep in mind that Wiki is biased and presents a view in time?"

Transmission works, but have to be version that support DHT. I first used computer that has processor from Motorola and operating system that Transmission supported only up to 1.54. And DHT support comes in version 2. So I had to use another OS in that computer to run Transmission 2.22.
Whou! N900 have Transmission version 1.76 or is there newer version?

Seeding Complete! Says Transmission. Loaded the torrent again, finished soon after.
Now what to do with that,... maybe write on Blu Ray Disk, deposit in a atomic nuclear war virus proof cave, or simple dig it in in the garden in glass box?
No. But in to SD card and SD card to N900 with Evopedia with autostart. And put instruction what electricity N900 needs and what button have to push and then to glass box

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
No. But in to SD card and SD card to N900 with Evopedia with autostart. And put instruction what electricity N900 needs and what button have to push and then to glass box
That 's the most beautiful solution.
Also add a note requesting to finish the step 5 of 6 that Nokia never did.
First I was thinking that solution, but to illustrate being human I considered I'd rather selfishly face the apocalypse clamping my N900

Evopedia goes to Optical Disc.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I wonder if we contact the old head of Evopidia he would send over the code for the wikipedia dump processor software. We could process requested dumps 'in house' as it were. EnWikipedia would be the most difficult or at least longest though our computer processors are 3-4x or more faster now than in 2009-13, I doubt the dump processor is multithreaded but maybe yes as I recall it ran like SETI@home on distributed basis. We might get a 2020 and beyond edition, I recall him being very cool and added wikivoyage among other things when I asked.
Is there interest in me contacting the Evopedia guy?
I would need someone or a group with full desktops or servers and a real internet connection so I need to poll for both user interest and active dump processors before I make contact.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I wonder if we contact the old head of Evopidia he would send over the code for the wikipedia dump processor software. We could process requested dumps 'in house' as it were.
There seems to be a client.tar.gz file containing some code in C++, PHP and Python which is meant to be run on contributors' PCs. It is available to download from this (archived) website: http://web.archive.org/web/201110011...nfo/contribute.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: