Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I just got Xperia XA2. Is there a community version of Sailfish X? I don't see Xperia devices listed on Mer Wiki.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI0D7Op3zAI

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI0D7Op3zAI
What about without using shop.jolla.com? Other community editions are listed elsewhere. I'll try the shop for now, though I need to use a VPN since it doesn't let me get it otherwise.

Last edited by shmerl; 2018-11-25 at 04:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
What about without using shop.jolla.com? Other community editions are listed elsewhere. I'll try the shop for now, though I need to use a VPN since it doesn't let me get it otherwise.
as far i know community editions is still not available because jolla has free download for it, so you has to use vpn to download the image, opera browser has free vpn or tor maybe.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Having Problems with Sailfish install. Seems Unlock Bootloader the programm freeze but on Boot it shows the screen that the bootloader is unlocked.
Now flashing Sailfish fastboot is searching device but not found it.
Same time XA2 Dual is rebooting.
First was trying on MacOS but homebrew doesnt find fastboot for install (no repository).
In Linux (LMDE2 on MacBook Air) all is right installed but seems that fastboot doesnt have the option set_active.
start flashing Sailfish the Sony is rebooting in normal mode (showing charging porcentage) and flash.sh is still searching for an device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
not from XA2 experience, but I was recently unlocking bootloader on mi pad 4 and flashing and what not..... On arch at the time. My device was always recognized and I could reboot it with adb reboot bootloader but then in fastboot mode with fastboot flash recovery xxx.img.......nothing. Forever "waiting for the device". And just because the second command needs sudo while 84639 instructions are all withot one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Having Problems with Sailfish install. Seems Unlock Bootloader the programm freeze but on Boot it shows the screen that the bootloader is unlocked.
Now flashing Sailfish fastboot is searching device but not found it.
Same time XA2 Dual is rebooting.
First was trying on MacOS but homebrew doesnt find fastboot for install (no repository).
In Linux (LMDE2 on MacBook Air) all is right installed but seems that fastboot doesnt have the option set_active.
start flashing Sailfish the Sony is rebooting in normal mode (showing charging porcentage) and flash.sh is still searching for an device
try with: GNU OS / Linux OS. maybe the usb driver or attrs is troublin.

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-11-25 at 21:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Running Sailfish now on XA2, lot's of bugs are fixed (that were persistent on Nexus 5).

In order to set peak period times, this manual fix is needed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
try with: GNU OS / Linux OS. maybe the usb driver or attrs is troublin.
LMDE2 IS debian linux

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Just curiosity, how is the quality of the camera of the Xperia XA2? Is it better than Xperia X? What about low light condition?
I want to try, but waiting for the android support, so if someone can share a spoiler about camera would be great

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk
I flashed my XA2, but haven't used it that much, it is waiting for Android support. Did some camera experiments, though. The rear camera seems pretty good. Seems like there is there is no focus problem, like Xperia X has.

However, the front camera is bad, I mean really bad. Pictures are really, really dark. Practically, the front camera is unusable. Is it just me, or do others have this same issue?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Xperia XA2 is listed with 32GB internal storage.

Sailfish settings UI under storage shows for me some confusing numbers.

User data: 273.9 MB used, 17.0 GB free
System data: 1.1 GB used, 1.3 GB free

What happened to the rest of "32 GB"?

Does flashing Sailfish erase data Android partitions (and installed Android applications, besides the kernel / hardware drivers)? It looks to me like a lot of space is wasted somewhere.

UPDATE:

Ah, I think it's used for a lot of other mounts.

df -h also shows me such total sizes:

2.4G /
18G /home

6 different tmpfs (1.3G) and stuff like /opt, /fimage, /odm, and etc. So I guess the usage is legit.

Last edited by shmerl; 2018-11-27 at 04:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post: