Despite what the description says for the "book type" case from siemshop on ebay, there is no belt clip on that model. The back is smooth, unlike the one pictured in junred's auction for the same style case (for more money). Personally, I think I prefer not having the belt clip. But if you want to use the car mount, you may need to get another style or the one from junred or directly from PDair.com (although, that might not have a belt clip either).

I just ordered the holster type and screen protector for PDAir. I prefer to not have a leather case on it when I am using the device. I like the feel of a naked device in my hands (ok thats just wrong)...
I will post some pics and comments on bothe screen protector and holster when it comes in.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
*Vegetarian extremist alert
How come they always gotta be leather?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
*Vegetarian extremist alert
How come they always gotta be leather?
If it's sexy, it has to be dressed in leather! Just look at the fetish post above yours.

Ahh.. the look, the feel, the smell... of leather..

I want napa cabbage case!!!! here is my napa cabbage!

Here are my ideas for a clever case :

1. Something with a couple of wide elasticated strips on the back (in horizontal & vertical directions, cleverly positioned to not enterfere with each other).

So that you can slip your hand through it such that the device sits in the palm of your hand. Can be used in Landscape or Portrait since you have straps in both directions.

I know Maemo don't work portrait yet, but I'm thinking long term

2. Having a flip cover is fine, but have the securing loop on the flip, not the bottom where it annoys you while trying to use the keyboard. Make it wide, so it protects the bottom of the device when closed, but the stand is still available when open.

3. Have a clear plastic in the flip, so you can still see the screen. The material type that you can still poke your finger through. But with a hard (still clear) insert for those that are willing to forgo access for extra protection.

4. Don't stick memory card slots in the flip, just where they would come into contact with the screen. Just means that they might scratch the screen if the unit get a knock.

Just a few ideas...

Zuber

i planned to order the pouch-type case they were selling because i didnt like how it looked like the n810 was being held in (compression on some of those leather tabs??).
after seeing closer pics, i realize that its held in with the plastic sleeve on the keyboard. damn!
turns out i ordered the book-type anyway. haha!

im up in alaska, so im not too surprised that i havent received it yet.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Missoula, MT
I ordered the belt-clip style case for my N810 from the hong king ebay seller mentioned on the first page of this thread. it arrived today and I'm very pleased. We'll see how it holds up over time, but it looks and feels like quality construction. Even came shipped in a nice box with a little bag of silica candies. mmmmmmm ;-). Shipping took about 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Montana. The pictures on the auction pages are quite accurate and give a very good indication of what you're getting.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Do any of you know of any other cases? I'm sorta a brown leather person myself. Shallow, I know.

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Withe the book-type, do I understand that you have to take it out of the case
to use the flip stand or the USB port, or to swap the mem card?
How much of a nuisance is that?